WC latheworks product

This is a discussion on WC latheworks product within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So for christmas im asking for nameless performance axleback muffler delete echausts, and i was also thinking about asking for ...

WC latheworks product

So for christmas im asking for nameless performance axleback muffler delete echausts, and i was also thinking about asking for a new shifter knob, I was browsing through WC latheworks site and im almost positive im going to go with one of his products, they look very well-made. so my question is, what is gunna be the most comfortable? im a pretty big guy, i have big hands, i like the stock STi shifter, but i would like a flat top, so does anyone have this or any input on it? the Hybrid STi piston :

WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I like the sphere/globe style ones. (whatever you wanna call them)

While having a nice feeling shift knob is nice, I think that if anything you should get a short throw and bushings. That will make it 1000x better. (okay well maybe not that much, but you get the hint)
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    At the risk or sounding vulgar,I can say that that is my favorite knob.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i have a short shift in my car, came from factory with it. and hmmm, i wonder what i would like better, i havent driven many stick cars, and never one with an aftermarket shifter on it lol, all the sticks ive drove were my dads and he just keeps his cars stock because he always got wrangler rubicons and corvettes that he would drive the vette in summer, jeep in winter, and he was always satisfied with the stock car.

Tony likes playing with his knob....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I like a big round heavy knob
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    So for christmas im asking for nameless performance axleback muffler delete echausts, and i was also thinking about asking for a new shifter knob, I was browsing through WC latheworks site and im almost positive im going to go with one of his products, they look very well-made. so my question is, what is gunna be the most comfortable? im a pretty big guy, i have big hands, i like the stock STi shifter, but i would like a flat top, so does anyone have this or any input on it? the Hybrid STi piston :

WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
    First off, good choice on the Nameless exhaust as you will NOT be disappointed - that thing is awesome man. PS, get double-walled, staggered tips flush with valence, it looks the best

As for WC Lathe Werks, I can actually vouch for Chris who runs that company, he was really good to deal with, answered countless of questions through email and helped me pick out the perfect shift knob for me. I ended up going with the Titanium Piston, 3 knurled grip bands, w/custom 'WRX' engraving on the flat top. It matches the flat colors of the interior and dashboard areas perfectly. I'll post some pics later.

Just on a side note, I decided on the piston because I think it looks the coolest. It is obviously not as ergonomically designed as the Sphere styled shift knobs. However, keep in mind, that you should'nt rest your hand on the shift knob while driving anyways. Have you ever looked at the shifter when driving? Notice how it moves about as you hit bumps or uneven patches of asphalt? When you rest your hand on it, you transfer that energy back into the drivetrain, which overtime will damage your transmission. Just thought I'd add that, as most people buy the Sphere because it's more comfortable to rest on, but really you should only have your hand on the shifter when you are actually shifting.

If you DO order a WC lathe werks knob, good time to get the front/rear kartboy shifter bushings as well, they help a ton and make it feel a lot better. Also saves on shipping costs :P
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I had LatheWerks build me a custom big knob for my Sasquatch hands. Super comfy!

It is simply a larger version of the standard teardrop shaped knob.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I've chimed in on any thread having to do with WC. They are awesome. I have 3 different knobs from them...copolymer sphere, aluminum weighted sphere, and a teardrop with texture that they went ahead and made custom for my 350z when I had it. At the time, it was the very first 350z knob they had done. The quality is awesome on all their goodies and their customer service rocks. Good choice.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Good God,look at Bill's knob!!!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics