Dimming Gauges with my Dashboard

This is a discussion on Dimming Gauges with my Dashboard within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, Sorry if this has been hashed out before but I have spent some time searching and am empty ...

Dimming Gauges with my Dashboard

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been hashed out before but I have spent some time searching and am empty handed.

Generally, I want to install a pair of gauges on my 2010 STI. One of my requirements is that they dim appropriately with the dashboard. Are their gauge solutions that do this or do I need to figure out a circuit for myself?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You'll need to figure out the wiring yourself on that one. Even the SPT boost gauge doesn't dim with the rest of the dash. There's a kit out there I think that somebody sells to wire it into the dimming circuit but I don't remember who makes it, and if they're even still selling it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The only gauges that will match the factory dash dimming are ones that use a stand alone light (usually non led units) such as most Autometer gauges, OBX, ect. Any gauge that has two wires for illumination or a stand alone plug as seen here (the black socket):