Inerior Panting - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Inerior Panting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hehe thank u guys the emoticon expression would prob be sumthin like this : haha anywho- i went threw my ...

hehe thank u guys the emoticon expression would prob be sumthin like this :

haha

anywho- i went threw my phone and found summore pics to help. also- as far as cleaning or prepwork- just be simple and get dust/dirt off. either rubbing alcohol and let dry for a while, or a moist paper towel.

it is IMPERATIVE that you do LIGHT SUBTLE COATS of this stuff. let it MIST over the object and DO NOT OVERSPRAY. TAKE YOUR TIME. each part will take about 4-5 layers, 15 mins in between. if you overspray or think u can do it in 2-3 passes- YOU ARE WRONG. IT WILL LOOK TERRIBLE.

the point here is to make it look OEM, and perfect. OEM wouldnt include drip dots, overspray points, or anything that wouldnt look natural. theres a lot of small pieces, and u NEED to take ur time.

if you do not clean the area as good as u think, the "paint" will bubble up/droplet. so as a second precaution, do SMALL/THIN layers of any spray u use. i cannot say how important this is. you lower the chance of fail'ness if u take ur time and do super thin coats.

even with insanely thin layers, while painting- the first layer looks almost see-through. the 2nd will be a tint, the 3rd will start to give hang, the 4th will be pretty close, and the 5th will be exact. IT WILL ALWAYS LOOK WET DURING THE LATER PHASES, EVENTUALLY GIVING IT ITS MATTE FINISH.

with that said:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What did you use to paint the headliner?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    They make a spray fabric dye (can't remember the name). It looks good but feels like sandpaper. I will be recovering mine with suede once spring rolls around
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

false. I reupholstered it.

took some 3m super spray adhesive and had a day. took 2 cans and 8.5ft of cloth. the fabric is black felt w/ glitter embedded in the fabric strands. it reflects the LED's wen i have em all on.
    If at first you don't succeed, go into boost. If you cant go into boost... no panties will be harmed. much less be sent to the rear seats.

All else fails... put a disco roof in your car. E.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. loves going into a car to dance. Or... strobe them unconcious.

Very nice 08WRXdan! I actually decided not to go through with the interior painting. I got everything dismantled and realized that I couldn't take the headliner out (or that I could figure out). So I just left everything the factory tan color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.