$10 mount for iPhone. Who needs GoPro!?

This is a discussion on mount for iPhone. Who needs GoPro!? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Copied from my post on ls1gto.com, I wanted to record video while racing without my wife in the car. I ...

$10 mount for iPhone. Who needs GoPro!?

Copied from my post on ls1gto.com,

I wanted to record video while racing without my wife in the car. I really wanted a GoPro but decided it was too much and I love the video quality on the new iPhones. So after researching different windshield mounts I landed on the Arkon IPM515. It is auto adjusting in size so I can use it with my case still on and it has a very sturdy mount similar to a nice GPS. I made sure to record video with my horrible quality 3G S and my wife's iPhone 4 (for some reason it didn't upload in HD ). I am probably going to get a 4 S or iPhone 5 when it comes out so I can have 1080p video!

Here are the 2 videos I recorded in the WRX (I'm sidelining the GTO to fix the driveshaft, sorry!) I noticed that with my skull candy case on my 3G S there is no vibration like the iPhone 4 with the "bumper" case. I think this is due to the part that grips the phone is right up against the speaker on the 4 and the skull candy case keeps the grip further away.

$10 Camera mount for iphone in 06 WRX (3G S) - YouTube

Towards the end of this video I try changing the camera angles a little bit. Enjoy.
    $10 Camera mount for iphone in 06 WRX (iphone 4) - YouTube
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very cool! I've been wanting to do this with my Galaxy S

Very nice! I might give this a try because I am also too cheap to buy a GoPro right now haha.
    2011 DGM WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Can you post a link to the mount you used?
    I looked up Arkon IPM515 and found this website Ref The cheapest one that have listed is $20

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    my boyfriend built his own iphone mount out of PVC pipe. it looks kinda silly but did an AMAZING job. i'll update this thread once he finishes the video from a subie cruise we just did. it was very inexpensive as well. probably just around 10$

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    my boyfriend built his own iphone mount out of PVC pipe. it looks kinda silly but did an AMAZING job. i'll update this thread once he finishes the video from a subie cruise we just did. it was very inexpensive as well. probably just around 10$
    Looking forward to seeing this. I am all about the cheap-ness on this one!
    2011 DGM WRX - Cobb Stage 2