Picture of 2008-2011 Rear Deck Impreza/WRX/STi

This is a discussion on Picture of 2008-2011 Rear Deck Impreza/WRX/STi within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can someone please take a picture of their back seat where their 3rd brake light attaches to the deck (for ...

Picture of 2008-2011 Rear Deck Impreza/WRX/STi

Can someone please take a picture of their back seat where their 3rd brake light attaches to the deck (for those of you with 3rd brake lights inside the car).

I want to see if adding a third brake would be just as easy as cutting a hole in the rear deck for it, or if I had to get a whole new rear deck. I have the small wing with brake light, so I do not have one inside of the car.

Thanks!
    Last edited by busyychild; 10-31-2011 at 04:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did the JDM 2011 third brake light on my car and traded the rear deck with my buddy that wanted the third brake light in his 2008 wrx. It looks like you would need the rear deck with the hole already there for the brake light but I might be wrong. The brake light it self is just plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    I did the JDM 2011 third brake light on my car and traded the rear deck with my buddy that wanted the third brake light in his 2008 wrx. It looks like you would need the rear deck with the hole already there for the brake light but I might be wrong. The brake light it self is just plug and play.
    Did it look like I could just source and third brake light and cut some holes in my current deck/shelf for the mounting bolts and wire? There is a groove in mine, i just need to see what the shelf looks like out of the car, or with the third brake light taken out. seems like it might be hard to find a photo of that.

if you are near Oregon I have a 2008 with 3rd break light and would trade the whole back deck for one with out... just saying...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea we don't need the 3rd brake light in Oregon.. I run without on my 05 and did so on my 03 as well without issue. Check your state law.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

there is a hole that comes from the factory that under the decklid inside the car all you have to do is get the new cover and the light housing and everything fits flush like stock

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Yea we don't need the 3rd brake light in Oregon.. I run without on my 05 and did so on my 03 as well without issue. Check your state law.
    Its not a State law. Its a Federal law.