iPad mounting in a MY09 Impreza? - Have you seen one/done one?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on iPad mounting in a MY09 Impreza? - Have you seen one/done one? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey All, I was wondering has anyone got a mounting kit / recommend a good mounting kit so you can ...

iPad mounting in a MY09 Impreza? - Have you seen one/done one?

Hey All,

I was wondering has anyone got a mounting kit / recommend a good mounting kit so you can have your iPad in your car?

Pics would be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Scosche announced an in dash kit a while ago.But apparently haven't released it yet

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

that looks interesting not sure if i would want to leave the iPad in my car all the time, or have to take it out every time i parked my car
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

Interim mounts...

Hey, yeah I have seen that... It seems a bit bulky... but get the ipad is pretty big for the Dash in a rex. Have you guys seen any interim mounts... What do you think about this one:

I Support ClubWRX
    those both look chinsey
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    CBINS Bezel Mount for iPad (05-07 Impreza/WRX/STI) - Interior

this is the only solution that seems reasonable. Just for 05-07 though
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I'd imagine there are some pretty hefty liability reasons why scosche has not released that yet. ... As he said in the vid.. last thing you want is some dolt surfing the web or god forbid facebooking and crashing into something/someone...

Though part of me really wants to play around with voice controls on something like that. Would be pretty sweet to have a completely voice controlled media/nav system.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    This is really old, but check out this guy's dashboard in his MR2. Shows what a lot of patience and know how can do:

MR2 Digital Dash

For me, and iPad mount only makes sense if it's integral to the console and controls all the HVAC, etc. That would be cool, but then I'd miss the tactile controls that let me adjust the stereo, HVAC, lights, etc without moving my eyes off the road. 10.1" is hard to work with (Giggity). I think fitting a Nook Color or 7" Galaxy Tab would be a lot easier to integrate into the center console.
    Last edited by Rambo; 10-23-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    way cool rambo
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    This is really old, but check out this guy's dashboard in his MR2. Shows what a lot of patience and know how can do:

MR2 Digital Dash

For me, and iPad mount only makes sense if it's integral to the console and controls all the HVAC, etc. That would be cool, but then I'd miss the tactile controls that let me adjust the stereo, HVAC, lights, etc without moving my eyes off the road. 10.1" is hard to work with (Giggity). I think fitting a Nook Color or 7" Galaxy Tab would be a lot easy to integrate.
    I've seen that before.. its effin beautiful!! That dash haunted my dreams its so nice lol. I had thoughts of grandeur thinking I might one day do that in the merkur I had. I ended up building a cluster out of autometer gauges and calling it a day (granted that looked/worked awesome too.. but not all nightrider super tight like the mr2)

I have a mac mini kickin around that would be a wicked carputer..... hmm... but problem I see is that there are so many head unit designs out there now that work really well so why build one that gets close but doesn't do all when you can just about buy one for cheaper that has everything you'd need in a car already?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the level of detail in that build is absolutely incredible. It's the only car I know of that has a "CPU Utilization" gauge on the dash.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Yeah that is a crazy dash kit! Looks awesome! I have got some products comming and will post up a pic once I get it all set up!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.