04 STi HVAC lights

This is a discussion on 04 STi HVAC lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I want to replace these little lights. So I'm wondering how they are connected. The top 3 lights ...

Registered User ModernRevolution's Avatar

04 STi HVAC lights

Hey guys, I want to replace these little lights. So I'm wondering how they are connected. The top 3 lights (rear defrost, AC, and recirculation buttons) are on long prongs that got right back to the circuit board but don't appear to be soddered in, can I just pull these out and pop new ones in?

These 4 bulbs are for the fan,temp, and air duct dials, they are clear bulbs with green caps. Do these pop out or unscrew? Also with both types of lights, where can i buy these? And what are they called or what size are they? And where can i get new tiny rubber colored caps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump^

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The only ones I replaced were the bulbs with the green condoms on them. They twist like 90 degrees, then pop out. I replaced them with LED lights, I forget exactly what they were called (T-71 or something like that). The replacements twist into place just like stock.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. But how do I find out which I need? I think I can get them from superbriteled.com but don't know what to order. So I could pop one out and bring to a store, but what stores would have these?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered mine from LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS.. and I found the part number on here somewhere from someone else's thread. So the info is here.. somewhere.