Interior footwell L.E.D 07' STi. Help Please.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Interior footwell L.E.D 07' STi. Help Please. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, i was just wondering if someone with a little experience in this file could help me. I'm planing on ...

Interior footwell L.E.D 07' STi. Help Please.

Hello, i was just wondering if someone with a little experience in this file could help me. I'm planing on replacing the dome, map lights and ignition ring in my cabin with LEDs, but that is pretty simple and straight forwards. What i need help with is on installing LEDs in the foot well, I found instructions from www.interiorflair.com but them don't seem to sell the kits. So if some one would be so kind and point me in the right direction of how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. I was planing to put a dim blue led that doesn't stand out to much.

is it anything like this?
    http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=6244.0
    Last edited by liquid_rice; 10-04-2011 at 09:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That looks exactly like the kit that I bout for my 2008 WRX. What do you need help with?

Quote Originally Posted by rc_wizard View Post
    That looks exactly like the kit that I bout for my 2008 WRX. What do you need help with?
    i think that kit is for the 08's i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get one for an 07. i was going to redo all the lights in my car when i have the chance.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not aware of any plug and play footwell lights for any WRXs before 2008. Are you not able to wire it yourself? If you bought that kit, it would be easy to modify for your purposes. (Turn on via switch, w/dimmer, w/headlights, etc)

If you specify exactly what you want the lights to do, I or someone else can tell you where to tap the lines, don't even need to solder if you don't know how.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

well i eventually want to change the gauge cluster, HVAC, Ignition ring, and radio to all the same colour. i was going to start with the footwell thinking it would be one of the simpler ones to do, but my buddy popped opened the trim on his suby and i just saw a mess of wires and got a little scared.

i just wanted the footwell to be able to be turned on and off and maybe dimming. what all that said if there is a less intrusive way that would be best

Thats one big problem i guess.

Nice Led Lights

Quote Originally Posted by liquid_rice View Post
    well i eventually want to change the gauge cluster, HVAC, Ignition ring, and radio to all the same colour. i was going to start with the footwell thinking it would be one of the simpler ones to do, but my buddy popped opened the trim on his suby and i just saw a mess of wires and got a little scared.

i just wanted the footwell to be able to be turned on and off and maybe dimming. what all that said if there is a less intrusive way that would be best

If you wanted to change the gauge cluster too you could do it and the foot well at the same time. When you replace the gauge cluster find out which wires have a switched power and

the ground use that to power your lights. Also doing that will make your foot lights turn on and off with the car and dim with the gauges when you turn your night lights on. It's not that

invasive, especially when you already plan on redoing the gauge cluster to begin with. A electrical test light will make finding the switched power wire much easier and black is almost

always the ground. The switched power wire will only have power when the ignition is turned on. Here is a link to show you how to change the ignition ring light.

Ignition Ring Light Mod

As complicated as wiring can be, it really isn't that hard. The only thing you need to get a light to turn on is power and a ground. After that it's all about hiding the wires and placing the

lights. The only hard part can come from getting to the light, which usually isn't too bad, just removing interior panels.

ok sweet, thanks for the help =P i guess ill just hold off until i get everything ready and do it all in one go. save some time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.