04' wrx lights won't shut off

This is a discussion on 04' wrx lights won't shut off within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently got my 04' soob.. And so far from the 2 weeks I've been driving it... I realized that ...

04' wrx lights won't shut off

I recently got my 04' soob.. And so far from the 2 weeks I've been driving it... I realized that when I start my subaru my headlights (low) turn on.. And I cant figure out how to turn them off. For example, I'm running some errands during the day.. And realize my lights are on.. I don't need them on during the day! All the lights switches are off... but they still stay on when the soob is running! Why?

P.s. When the car is off , the lights are off. And I did put HIDs in the car... If that changes anything...

Thanks,
    Ruben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pull up your emergency brake 1 IMPORTANT 1 click its not engaging but it turns them off. Its what I do..

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by dddmx3 View Post
    I don't need them on during the day! All the lights switches are off... but they still stay on when the soob is running! Why?
    Why don't you need them on during the day? I can give you one very good reason to have them on:
    They significantly reduce accident rates, anywhere from 10-30% depending on the particular study you read. This is because they make your car a lot more visible to other drivers, even during the day.

For those people not running HIDs and running filament-type bulbs, keeping them on all the time will make them last much longer. This is because a cold filament is brittle and breaks easily. A warm filament bends much more easily so it'll bend and not break. I've never had a headlight bulb fail on a car in over a million miles!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by dddmx3 View Post
    I recently got my 04' soob.. And so far from the 2 weeks I've been driving it... I realized that when I start my subaru my headlights (low) turn on.. And I cant figure out how to turn them off. For example, I'm running some errands during the day.. And realize my lights are on.. I don't need them on during the day! All the lights switches are off... but they still stay on when the soob is running! Why?

P.s. When the car is off , the lights are off. And I did put HIDs in the car... If that changes anything...

Thanks,
    Ruben
    I'm guessing from your description that you are referring to the Daytime Running Lights which are required by law. This is just lights on the front of the car to make you more visible to other drivers during the day.

I'm curious why this is new to you. Was your previous car so old that it didn't have this system or did you just move here from a country that didn't require them?

Ok thanks.

Lol actually... I'm 16.. This soob is my first car! Took alot of hard work and sweat to buy it! So that explains your old car issue

congrads on the first car, im 17 and just got my subaru about a month ago its a monster though (370-380whp)
    Last edited by blakekawalec; 10-05-2011 at 06:20 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blakekawalec View Post
    congrads on the first car, im 17 and just got my subaru about a month ago its a monster though (360-370whp)
    wow.. Good luck.. I hope you don't live near me.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    wow.. Good luck.. I hope you don't live near me.
    Im pretty careful with it, my friends try and get me to do dumb stuff or race people all the time. But I don't because I know my car could beat theirs and that my car could do this and that. Plus my gas needle drops hardcore when hitting peak boost

Quote Originally Posted by blakekawalec View Post
    congrads on the first car, im 17 and just got my subaru about a month ago its a monster though (370-380whp)
    Wow, you already got your car at an early age. Congrats to you.

Hey, you can buy Led lights here - http://niceledlights.com

Thank you, I worked/saved for many summers to afford it.