Shorter Shift Boot Needed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Shorter Shift Boot Needed? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Kankin Here is the part # KAR KB-001-LEG, got it from Rally Sport Direct, it makes shifts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kankin View Post
    Here is the part # KAR KB-001-LEG, got it from Rally Sport Direct, it makes shifts shorted not by much since I couldn't compare from non SPT-STS but really like the feel now much crisper. It is an inch shorter which was what i was looking for since I bought the leather boots from Redline an inch shorter than stock and now it looks perfect.
    Only thing is that I'm not liking the stock knob now and thinking of getting one of those nice ones from WC Lathe Werks.
    Awesome, thanks for the help. I have the Kartboy Delrin Shiftknob and love it. The Delrin material doesn't get really hot or cold from the weather and sits low compared to the Subaru Momo knob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So, if I am understanding everyone correctly, if you already have the SPT short throw, and you are looking for even shorter throws AND a shorter height on the rod, you can buy the Kartboy and install it in conjunction with the SPT? And if doing this, you need to order the Redline -1 inch boot (i.e. shorter boot)?

I am asking because that is my goal, shorter throws and knob height. I was looking at just adding the KB bushings, but if I didn't have to uninstall all of my SPT STS, I would spend the extra $100 to get the kit with the STS plus bushings from KB.

Yes that is correct, It just looks neater without the extra material, it does cost an extra $9 so keep that in mind. You don't need too order it that way thou . You do not need too uninstall anything of the SPT. I'm planning on installing the bushings as well but after I put more miles in and I feel that its starting to get spongy, had the car 4 months and only driven 1,600 miles in it.
    WRX MY11 SSHB, SPT STS & KB STS,REDLINE BOOTS,KENWOOD KIV-BT901,HAT I61-2 as coaxial FRT, Dayton Audio RS180-4-7 rear, 8" Arc audio subwoofer 2ohm , powered by XDi805 Arc Audio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12