Automatic down on all 4 windows?

This is a discussion on Automatic down on all 4 windows? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched the site for threads about this, but I couldn't find anything newer than 2005. I find myself wishing ...

Automatic down on all 4 windows?

I searched the site for threads about this, but I couldn't find anything newer than 2005. I find myself wishing I had 4 automatic down windows (up isn't as much of a deal for me, but would be nice too.) Does anyone have any knowledge on the feasibility of this mod, or have even done it themselves? I know there's several security systems that can do this for your windows, but I was wondering if there's a way to do it without buying a new alarm and such. Or am I the only one out here that's too lazy to hold the buttons down?
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    not possible if I remember correctly. I think that there is a chip board under the driver's side button panel in the door... and there isn't a way to just swap out a switch.

I could be wrong... it's been a long time, but I wanted an auto down pass side window.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

The window switch in my 2011 STI is the same window switch in the 2006 Infiniti G35 with auto up and down for all four windows. It even has the same pig tall but it is not wired the same way. If we could find the pin out for both cars I can plug it n and see if it will work, I already have the G35 switch at the house.

ill print out wiring diagrams for the wrx and infiniti and copy them at my house and post them up tonight if it'll help at all
    Last edited by scoobaru03; 08-24-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

Hell yeah if you can get that I will see if it will work

Quote Originally Posted by scoobaru03 View Post
    ill print out wiring diagrams for the wrx and infiniti and copy them at my house and post them up tonight if it'll help at all
    I'd love to see those. I could have sworn there was a mention of an '06 wrx somewhere in this thread, but maybe I'm imagining it... Did you edit?
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe the general conclusion on this matter was to get an aftermarket module (two, actually). There was a thread on here a while ago about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

ok they'll be up tonight ive been uuber busy should be around 5 or 6 eastern standard time

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Im not sure about the newer wrx's.. But my 02 has just the wires coming from the circuit to the other windows.. Im going to install a switch that will actually roll down all windows no matter if the car is on or off.. One switch to rule them all..
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

stupid hurricane killed my power the night i put my last post up if anyone cares ill still put them up tonight

cool