3rd brake light delete 08 WRX?

This is a discussion on 3rd brake light delete 08 WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guyz, I have a spoiler on my 08 sedan with LED brake lights. And, the tint guys did a ...

3rd brake light delete 08 WRX?

Hey Guyz,

I have a spoiler on my 08 sedan with LED brake lights. And, the tint guys did a cut-out around my rear window brake light, which I think looks bad. I'd like to delete the light in the rear deck and retint the window for a cleaner look. I understand that for older WRXs there was an aftermarket plug plate for this- but is there one for the 08+? I have scoured the internet with no luck.

If not, do I need to buy a whole rear deck? And if so, is it even available? Did any models come stock WITHOUT a rear deck brake light? I have been looking on eBay for 3 months- dozens of rear decks have been listed for various years and models but none without rear light for 08+.

Thanks for info!

Jer
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Canadian WRX had a 3rd brake light on the spoiler, so no brake light on the rear deck.
    You might be able to find one in a Canadian Junk yard, or find a Canadian that wants to go wingless that would trade with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sleader View Post
    the tint guys did a cut-out around my rear window brake light, which I think looks bad.
    Jeez...that seems cheap. They should have removed the light to put the proper tint down, then re-installed the light.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Jeez...that seems cheap. They should have removed the light to put the proper tint down, then re-installed the light.
    Cheap? Seems to me like he's doing the right thing considering tinting brake lights in most places are illegal. Doesn't matter if it's the tail lights or a 3rd brake light.

Yeah, they said it's their policy not to tint over lights. My issue with that is, they were the same shop that would soon be installing the spoiler, which we knew had its own LED 3rd brake light. I wish they'd at least talked to me about it. I hate surprises...

I don't know if it's illegal here or not. (I haven't gotten any guff over my NiteShaded taillights either, and they're pretty dark!) Montana is pretty lax when it comes to vehicle regs. No emission checks either. Things move a little more slowly up here in the Rockies!

JS

I'm sure if the cops really wanted to they could ticket you for it. My cousin has his tails tinted, number blocker license plate cover, two layers of 5% and his windshield tinted with no inspection stickers. He seems not to get pulled over some how. lol

[IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.us [/IMG]

Wow, that's the blacked-outest Rex I've ever seen!