I'm finally thinking gauges ... and looking at Stack

This is a discussion on I'm finally thinking gauges ... and looking at Stack within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've gone over all the usual choices and want something different, but not craptastic Chinese made stuff. These look classy ...

I Support ClubWRX

I'm finally thinking gauges ... and looking at Stack

I've gone over all the usual choices and want something different, but not craptastic Chinese made stuff. These look classy and accordingly pricey.

STACK 52mm Auxiliary Gauges

I'd need to find a really nice looking clock pod - no way I'm doing A pillar.

Thoughts?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Aren't they a bit spendy? Nobody I know has complained about the quality though. Will they match your dash OK for your tastes?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the ATI pod I have in my car.

It's similar to the Defi one, but I believe the Defi angles the gauges a bit towards the driver (a nice touch). Either way, I strongly recommend a clock pod that has a "hood", as it will make seeing the gauges easier in the daylight.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Aren't they a bit spendy? Nobody I know has complained about the quality though. Will they match your dash OK for your tastes?
    Spendy? Very. Considering the $ I pump into the gas tank these are cheap. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I like the ATI pod I have in my car.

It's similar to the Defi one, but I believe the Defi angles the gauges a bit towards the driver (a nice touch). Either way, I strongly recommend a clock pod that has a "hood", as it will make seeing the gauges easier in the daylight.
    Got any good pics? No - could you take some?

I found a 2 gauge ashtray pod, but it seems to be for 05 - 07 only. I'd prefer that location.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-10-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Got any good pics? No - could you take some?
    Here's one I have already from the day I installed the pod/gauges taken from the driver's seat (you can tell the picture is old since the V1 wasn't hardwired and I'm still on the OE H/U):

I thought it would be obtrusive, but it's really not. You're tall like I am, and you can still see the hood scoop over it. The color matches the dash pretty well, too.

If you want more pictures, let me know; I can get them tomorrow after work.

If you still haven't bought gauges/pod by Zach's CF-revisited meet, I'll let you drive the car to see how you like it first-hand.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-10-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC