Alpine CDE-126BT mounting issue

This is a discussion on Alpine CDE-126BT mounting issue within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I was planning on installing my new HU, amp and sub today, so last night I was prepping. I ...

Alpine CDE-126BT mounting issue

Hey,

I was planning on installing my new HU, amp and sub today, so last night I was prepping. I pre-drilled the holes for the sub in the enclosure, and connected the wiring harnesses for the car and HU.

My problem arose when I went to install the HU into the mounting bracket. I ordered all my stuff from Crutchfield and they included the bracket. It's a Scosche kit for 2008 + Subaru Impreza (seems right to me!). But, the HU, an Alpine CDE-126BT, is about 3/8" too wide to fit in the opening. So, a couple questions:

1) Does anyone else have this HU installed, and what kit did you use to install it?
    2) Could I modify the bracket to fit and still have the strength left in it to hold the HU and not start rattling?
    3) Would I be able to use the factory mounts somehow?

Just looking at my options. I have contacted Crutchfield to see if they have any suggestions and am waiting for a response. If anyone has a viable option, I'm listening. Thanks!
    2011 Spark Silver WRX 5-door. No mods....yet.
    2000 Navy Blue Camaro Z28. Some bolt-ons, stereo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats the # on the Scosche kit? I just installed my W900BT, but iso mounted it with no kit as the kits tend to look too aftermarket for my tastes.

It's a Scosche SU2027B install kit. Is the W900BT a double or single DIN? The 126BT is a single, and having a gaping hole in the dash doesn't seem appealing.

I found the Metra 99-8902 kit online....does anyone know the dimensions of the opening on that kit? The cde-126bt's mounting sleeve is 7 3/16" wide. The unit chassis is 7" wide.

Talked to the installers at Best Buy, they suggested removing the trim piece off the deck and installing from the rear of the dash kit. DUH! And so, it worked, the deck is in the dash kit, waiting to go in the car on the weekend.