08 wrx visor problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 wrx visor problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not really a "mod" but more of a fix. Hope I am in the right spot here 08 WRX The ...

08 wrx visor problem

Not really a "mod" but more of a fix. Hope I am in the right spot here

08 WRX

The driver side visor suddenly stopped holding itself up and then eventually separated from the mounting arm.

Are these replaceable as a whole or what options do i have? I have tried a few things to fix what I have. The plastic part on the inside of the mounting piece that goes inside the visor itself has the plastic broken off.

I cant find a spot to order a new one....and if there is a place would it match the other one or would i just have to buy 2 and replace the other one which is good? its the light grey interior

help greatly appreciated, its getting sunny out and cant see!!

Any yes i did check ebay, only passenger side ones for an 08
    Last edited by bbowl; 06-05-2011 at 01:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess a better question is - what year range has this same visor AND what other models share it? forester maybe?

If it's still under warranty, I would ask a dealer to fix it.

If not, you can check out oem parts and order a replacement. https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

looks like it might be about $51 plus shipping.

I've had the same problem and as you had mentioned, ordered OEM at about $50 plus shipping and installed myself. I think this may be a design flaw because the replacement is already starting to sag.

Regards,
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.