08 wrx visor problem

This is a discussion on 08 wrx visor problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not really a "mod" but more of a fix. Hope I am in the right spot here 08 WRX The ...

08 wrx visor problem

Not really a "mod" but more of a fix. Hope I am in the right spot here

08 WRX

The driver side visor suddenly stopped holding itself up and then eventually separated from the mounting arm.

Are these replaceable as a whole or what options do i have? I have tried a few things to fix what I have. The plastic part on the inside of the mounting piece that goes inside the visor itself has the plastic broken off.

I cant find a spot to order a new one....and if there is a place would it match the other one or would i just have to buy 2 and replace the other one which is good? its the light grey interior

help greatly appreciated, its getting sunny out and cant see!!

Any yes i did check ebay, only passenger side ones for an 08
    Last edited by bbowl; 06-05-2011 at 12:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess a better question is - what year range has this same visor AND what other models share it? forester maybe?

If it's still under warranty, I would ask a dealer to fix it.

If not, you can check out oem parts and order a replacement. https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

looks like it might be about $51 plus shipping.

I've had the same problem and as you had mentioned, ordered OEM at about $50 plus shipping and installed myself. I think this may be a design flaw because the replacement is already starting to sag.

Regards,
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks