Picking Out a WRX 5-Speed Shift Knob - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Picking Out a WRX 5-Speed Shift Knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a cobb shift knob and im happy with that...

I Support ClubWRX
    i have a cobb shift knob and im happy with that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NGR heavyweight dark titanium, didnt like the red at first but it matches the trim, ill post another tomorrow

'98 FZR600, '98 CR-250 2-STROKE!!, '04 YZF-R1

'99 AUDI A4, '00 HONDA CRV-SE, 2013 SUBARU WRX DXO

I have a Cobb shift knob and I love that thing

Me too! Mine didn't come with that one but I found someone selling it for 25 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    This is the one I got and I'm happy with it. It matches my aftermarket Momo steering wheel, and it screws on to the shifter properly instead of digging into the sides with allen screws like most aftermarket knobs.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=634

<-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    This is what I have. It was a height adjustable NRG universal fit. But I bought an unthreaded bushing from McMaster.com, threaded it, and press fit it into the threaded collar. Now it screws on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363815139.806439.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	112732

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363815434.559771.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	112733
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I know you said you don't like the metal knobs because of heat/cold issues, but I think you should check out the Anarchy Motive shift knobs. They have a thick powder coated finish over top of the metal which keeps them from getting too cold. I've been using mine for a while now here in snowy Cleveland and even when it's real cold out, the knob doesn't feel any colder to me than the leather steering wheel. Haven't had a chance to test it in any extreme heat, but I would assume it would again be the same temp as the steering wheel (if not slightly cooler if you don't go with the black knob).

If you order the "WRX" version it has the collar attachment on the bottom to keep the shift boot up.

Here is a pic of the gunmetal WRX version installed in my car:

By the way, I'm pretty sure this is the heaviest knob available, and is well over a pound. I haven't installed my Kartboy SS or any of my bushings yet and this knob alone made a decent improvement in the feel and smoothness of shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    By the way, I'm pretty sure this is the heaviest knob available, and is well over a pound.
    TWSS

But srsly, extra weight /= racecar!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    this is the heaviest knob available, and is well over a pound.
    This is my pick up line when I am out at the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    This is my pick up line when I am out at the bars.
    Ladies love the heft.

2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    It's too dark for a pic now but I will post one - just installed a Sneed4Speed Delrin Billy Club Style shift knob - really fun-love it.

I know you said you don't like the metal knobs because of heat/cold issues, but I think you should check out the Anarchy Motive shift knobs. They have a thick powder coated finish over top of the metal which keeps them from getting too cold. I've been using mine for a while now here in snowy Cleveland and even when it's real cold out, the knob doesn't feel any colder to me than the leather steering wheel. Haven't had a chance to test it in any extreme heat, but I would assume it would again be the same temp as the steering wheel (if not slightly cooler if you don't go with the black knob).

If you order the "WRX" version it has the collar attachment on the bottom to keep the shift boot up.

Here is a pic of the gunmetal WRX version installed in my car:

By the way, I'm pretty sure this is the heaviest knob available, and is well over a pound. I haven't installed my Kartboy SS or any of my bushings yet and this knob alone made a decent improvement in the feel and smoothness of shifts.
    ^^I agree about the Anarchy Motive shift knob. It's definitely the heaviest knob I've seen, and looks great. It really makes the shifts effortless. It is only cold when you first touch it, but it quickly warms up. I was concerned about it feeling cold too, but I'm more than happy with this knob. There are several colors to chose from, but I have the same color as SomeGoalie.

Last edited by Mikeru; 03-22-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added pic

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar

Name:	DSCF0145.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	112802

Hopefully this will work - this is the Sneed4Speed Billy Club Delran shift knob - I really love it - weighted makes the shifting much smoother and faster and looks great (I think anyway).

Anyone know where i can find the anarchy motive knob? I tried forman performance or something, but got no answer.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.