Dual coil sub connection Q
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dual coil sub connection Q within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I've got an Alpine SWR-1023 sub to put in my car, and I want to run it at 2 ...

Dual coil sub connection Q

Hey,

I've got an Alpine SWR-1023 sub to put in my car, and I want to run it at 2 ohms (the amp is Alpine MRP-M500). It is a 2 ohm + 2 ohm sub.....do I HAVE to connect on both sets of terminals, or can I connect to one without jumpering to the other? The manual indicates only 4 ohm or 1 ohm (not supported) configurations.

Pardon my ignorance, it's my first dual coil sub. Thanks.
    2011 Spark Silver WRX 5-door. No mods....yet.
    2000 Navy Blue Camaro Z28. Some bolt-ons, stereo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You defeat the purpose of using a dual voice coil sub if your only going to use 1 coil. I would just run the voice coils in the 4 ohm configuration.
    Last edited by Donkey; 06-02-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yeah, that was my thought. My amp puts out 500W RMS in to 2 ohms and only 300W RMS in to 4 ohms, so there is a benefit to going 2 ohm. I'm working on exchanging the 1023D for a 1043D which I can run 2 ohm in parallel.

your amp isnt 1ohm stable?

Manual shows no specs for 1 ohm operation. Only 4 and 2.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.