2011 WRX: auto up/down window switch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX: auto up/down window switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone taken apart driver's door switch pod to see if the auto up/down switch that's used for the driver's ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ayer, MA
    Posts
    173

    2011 WRX: auto up/down window switch

    Has anyone taken apart driver's door switch pod to see if the auto up/down switch that's used for the driver's window can be used for the other three windows as well?
    "At dawn they sleep..."

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    The Fruit mangostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VB VA .. the ghetto on the sea
    Posts
    4,735
    No.. but you guys with 11's have auto up? ... gah.. 10's only have auto down.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

  4. #3
    Not Asian Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg-ish
    Posts
    1,069
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup auto up on the 2011s. I still forget about it all the time though.

  5. #4
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,169
    I Support ClubWRX
    I actually find it kinda annoying. Was used to just holding the button in the van. Now when I want the window part way open or closed, it's a pain if I'm not paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  6. #5
    Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts
    143
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on NASIOC awhile back where someone did just that. I should have bookmarked it, as I'll probably end up doing it at some point if the parts aren't crazy expensive.

  7. #6
    Registered User A265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in a igloo
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    No.. but you guys with 11's have auto up? ... gah.. 10's only have auto down.
    Same with the 09's I actually rather have a auto up than a auto down.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ayer, MA
    Posts
    173
    Thanks, I'll check there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on NASIOC awhile back where someone did just that. I should have bookmarked it, as I'll probably end up doing it at some point if the parts aren't crazy expensive.
    "At dawn they sleep..."

  9. #8
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    No.. but you guys with 11's have auto up? ... gah.. 10's only have auto down.
    It surprises me that the '10s don't have auto up. My '93 Legacy had auto up.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

  10. #9
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,033
    I'm gonna go ahead and give this a lil bump.

    Has anyone found a solution to this? I would really love to be able to have auto up/down on my passenger window too. I find the driver auto up/down useless if I have to keep my hand there to use the pass switch too.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  11. #10
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,793
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would love to do this as well.

    Also if anybody has a solution to autolock the doors.My other car has auto lock(it locks once the car gets moving) & I find myself forgetting to lock the doors on the Rex all the time.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  12. #11
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,033
    ^ yea, that's another ridiculous feature (or lack there of)
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ayer, MA
    Posts
    173
    Well, it appears that switch panel might be mechanically compatible with some Nissan/Infinity vehicles but electronically they are different (ours appear to be pseudo-mechanical while Nissan/Infinity proper are CAN-based). I'd have to take the panel apart to see what makes driver-side switch so unique. At this stage it's likely that finding another panel at a junk yard, ripping-out one portion of the switch assy and then modifying your existing one is the only reasonable way, unless you go aftermarket. Some products allow you to re-wire windows (and power locks) to automate them that way, but that involves, um, rewiring. So it boils down to messing and possibly destroying switch cluster assy or wiring-in some 3rd party stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and give this a lil bump.

    Has anyone found a solution to this? I would really love to be able to have auto up/down on my passenger window too. I find the driver auto up/down useless if I have to keep my hand there to use the pass switch too.
    "At dawn they sleep..."

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9
    anything happen with this?

  15. #14
    Registered User SamXp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I actually find it kinda annoying. Was used to just holding the button in the van. Now when I want the window part way open or closed, it's a pain if I'm not paying attention.
    You realize you can tap it auto down, and then tap it again to stop when its at the position you'd like?

    I'd be surprised if you could just take a switch and move it from one position to another. I'd imagine there are relays and/or timers/sensors in the ECU involved.

  16. #15
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,169
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    You realize you can tap it auto down, and then tap it again to stop when its at the position you'd like?

    I'd be surprised if you could just take a switch and move it from one position to another. I'd imagine there are relays and/or timers/sensors in the ECU involved.
    Was just going to post up a similar message.

    I did realize that, but what I didn't realize was that it was pressure/click sensitive. I think all of the GM's that I've had in the past were time sensitive (hold it down for 2s or whatever)... There was never that 'click' threshold. Now that I know that, I like the functionality a lot. Its kind of silly though just being on the driver side. Only main use for it is drive throughs or the such.

    I don't know how simple or complicated Subaru made it. Could have some feedback from the window motor letting it know that it is done. May be as simple as splicing into the control to the drivers side window, putting a toggle switch on it so you can turn the functionality on/off, then splicing that into the other motor controls. I doubt it, however. Motors are kinda tricky little buggers, and I'd bet they have some complicated circuitry tied to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •