2011 instrument panel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 instrument panel within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

2011 instrument panel

So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. The ONLY thing that I touch it with is the california duster. Has anyone else noticed scratches? Does the duster scratch this thing???

Also...

Since I was looking, and investigating for more rattles, I noticed the cluster housing (the thing the boost gauge is mounted too) moves a little. I can probably move it 1/8 inch back and forth. Does anyone else see this? It seems like this might be causing some rattles as well - unless everyone's does this.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. The ONLY thing that I touch it with is the california duster. Has anyone else noticed scratches? Does the duster scratch this thing???

Also...

Since I was looking, and investigating for more rattles, I noticed the cluster housing (the thing the boost gauge is mounted too) moves a little. I can probably move it 1/8 inch back and forth. Does anyone else see this? It seems like this might be causing some rattles as well - unless everyone's does this.
    Personally, I only touch the instrument panel lens when I absolutely have to - for that reason. I can't imagine a CA Duster harming the plastic. I'd wager it was something else that you can't even think of.

I have all sorts of panels 'n stuff that moves around in my '11. I try not to move them for fear the rattles will get worse. (I mean, I know they'll get worse eventually, but I want to put that off as long as possible.)
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I couldn't leave well enough alone.... I pulled the cluster off and noticed it was missing plastic clips that hold it down. I put those in, and the movement is much improved (still wiggles a little).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I clean my instrument panel with an armor all wipes. My 08 STI instrument panel looked new when I traded it in (with 45k) miles for my 2011 and a buddy that has a 08 STI with 20k miles and he only dusted it and it looked all scratched up. And I bought my 98 F150 new and it has 130k miles on it and the dash looks new.

Instrument Cluster

Thanks for your nice information.

CA duster probably caused that. I found out the hard way that a microfiber can sometimes cause this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.