2011 instrument panel

This is a discussion on 2011 instrument panel within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

2011 instrument panel

So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. The ONLY thing that I touch it with is the california duster. Has anyone else noticed scratches? Does the duster scratch this thing???

Also...

Since I was looking, and investigating for more rattles, I noticed the cluster housing (the thing the boost gauge is mounted too) moves a little. I can probably move it 1/8 inch back and forth. Does anyone else see this? It seems like this might be causing some rattles as well - unless everyone's does this.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    So... I was dusting the interior of the car with my california duster. I noticed my instrument panel looks scratched. The ONLY thing that I touch it with is the california duster. Has anyone else noticed scratches? Does the duster scratch this thing???

Also...

Since I was looking, and investigating for more rattles, I noticed the cluster housing (the thing the boost gauge is mounted too) moves a little. I can probably move it 1/8 inch back and forth. Does anyone else see this? It seems like this might be causing some rattles as well - unless everyone's does this.
    Personally, I only touch the instrument panel lens when I absolutely have to - for that reason. I can't imagine a CA Duster harming the plastic. I'd wager it was something else that you can't even think of.

I have all sorts of panels 'n stuff that moves around in my '11. I try not to move them for fear the rattles will get worse. (I mean, I know they'll get worse eventually, but I want to put that off as long as possible.)
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I couldn't leave well enough alone.... I pulled the cluster off and noticed it was missing plastic clips that hold it down. I put those in, and the movement is much improved (still wiggles a little).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I clean my instrument panel with an armor all wipes. My 08 STI instrument panel looked new when I traded it in (with 45k) miles for my 2011 and a buddy that has a 08 STI with 20k miles and he only dusted it and it looked all scratched up. And I bought my 98 F150 new and it has 130k miles on it and the dash looks new.

Instrument Cluster

Thanks for your nice information.

CA duster probably caused that. I found out the hard way that a microfiber can sometimes cause this.