Boost Gauge

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to purchase a boost gauge for my '06 WRX, and I'm looking for some advice. Most importantly, I'm ...

Boost Gauge

I'm looking to purchase a boost gauge for my '06 WRX, and I'm looking for some advice. Most importantly, I'm looking for some recommendations on gauges that match the stock gauge cluster. Secondly, I want to understand the differences between gauges. What makes cheap gauges cheap, and expensive gauges expensive? What are the pros and cons to mechanical vs electronic gauges? What are the important factors when looking for boost gauges? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty simple.. get a aem digital boost gauge. i mean you can go with the old school analog or whatever but with the digital its easier to read and much cleaner looking. and it matches the red interior look...
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

The Lamco boost gauge that Subaru sponsored-but-not-really matches the gauges exactly. Keep in mind, the '06 did not have electrical reading sends as do the newer models, only mechanical will do.

This gauge matches:
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI TURBO BOOST GAUGE 2004-2007 | eBay
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    pretty simple.. get a aem digital boost gauge. i mean you can go with the old school analog or whatever but with the digital its easier to read and much cleaner looking. and it matches the red interior look...
    I disagree with that. I find the analog much easier to read. At a glance I can see where the needle is and not have to process the info. With a digital, I have to read the number and then decide if that number is where I want it to be. Granted, it happens fast, but for most people an analog is processed by the brain faster. To the OP, I can't comment on their qiality, but if you're looking on a match to your dash...http://www.daddysscp.com/category_s/2.htm
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1