Shift Light for 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

This is a discussion on Shift Light for 2011 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i don't know anything about the 2011 transmission, but i won't ever hard launch my 2007 wrx. nice light location ...

  1. #16
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    i don't know anything about the 2011 transmission, but i won't ever hard launch my 2007 wrx. nice light location though.

    when you drop it at 4k, does it still stay in high boost range on launch?
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    914
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS WRX View Post
    that was 4000 but @ the track I launch @ 5000
    Jebezus...
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

    "I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

  4. #18
    Registered User NDS WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    IL.
    Posts
    62
    Here's a better video
    Last edited by NDS WRX; 05-24-2011 at 05:51 PM.

  5. #19
    Registered User nyr8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Posts
    442
    nice, i like that its adjustable.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

  6. #20
    Registered User NDS WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    IL.
    Posts
    62
    Just changed the 10 degree LED to wide angle red 35 Degree LED, its a lot better

    12V RED DIFFUSED LED, 5MM (T1 3/4) | AllElectronics.com

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    1
    top addition. Planning on doing the same once I figure out how to remove the "information" dash. Any ideas would be appreciated.

  8. #22
    Registered User NDS WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    IL.
    Posts
    62
    I just removed the radio, gauges and side panel.
    311WHP 352 TORQUE @19 PSI 93
    K&N typhoon intake, Turboxs bypass valve
    IPR TMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
    3" Tsudo Stainless Bellmouth Downpipe
    GrimmSpeed Electric Boost Solenoid
    http://youtu.be/dhzZrictLAk

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question (not an expert on the electronics...) but how does this connect to the LED?

    The 4 wires from the unit are
    red - power
    black - ground
    grey - tacho signal input
    blue - device

    How do you power the LED with 1 wire? Obviously the light needs power and ground.

    Do you connect the blue wire to 1 side of the LED and ground the other to the chassis to complete the circuit?

    Or am I missing something...

    Thanks.

  10. #24
    Registered User gregroot198521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    776

    Shift Light for 2011 WRX

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-C View Post
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question (not an expert on the electronics...) but how does this connect to the LED?

    The 4 wires from the unit are
    red - power
    black - ground
    grey - tacho signal input
    blue - device

    How do you power the LED with 1 wire? Obviously the light needs power and ground.

    Do you connect the blue wire to 1 side of the LED and ground the other to the chassis to complete the circuit?

    Or am I missing something...

    Thanks.
    The LED has 2 wires; one is power in (a.k.a. positive: connect to the red) and the other is connected to the black (a.k.a. negative or ground). Some LEDs are dual polarity, a d can be hooked up either way, others are polarity sensitive and the LED leads are marked somehow (o.e. one shorter).
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hi Gregroot198521,

    Yes, I understand the LED has 2 wires. That's my point/question.

    How does the LED (which requires 2 wires, power + ground) connect to the RPM activated switch when it only has 1 wire (the blue one) to connect to your 'device', in this case the LED.

    Obviously you don't just plug it into the same red/black as the switch because it would just be permanently on.

    So does the LED need to plug into something else, which accepts a single wire on/off signal (similar to a car amp turning on/off).

    Or does the blue wire function as the 'positive' wire to the LED, and then you ground the LED to the chassis?

    Not sure how you turn 1 signal wire into a 2-wire LED... ?

    Thanks
    -Andrew

  12. #26
    Registered User gregroot198521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-C View Post
    Hi Gregroot198521,

    Yes, I understand the LED has 2 wires. That's my point/question.

    How does the LED (which requires 2 wires, power + ground) connect to the RPM activated switch when it only has 1 wire (the blue one) to connect to your 'device', in this case the LED.

    Obviously you don't just plug it into the same red/black as the switch because it would just be permanently on.

    So does the LED need to plug into something else, which accepts a single wire on/off signal (similar to a car amp turning on/off).

    Or does the blue wire function as the 'positive' wire to the LED, and then you ground the LED to the chassis?

    Not sure how you turn 1 signal wire into a 2-wire LED... ?

    Thanks
    -Andrew
    Is there a wiring diagram or any other instructions/schematics that come with it? Pics would help, then I can use my decent schematic reading/ EE training to help. Actually, here you go: Instructions
    Reading it, I understand your question. If I'm getting it correct, they want you to hook up the ground (-) lead of the LED to the ground point (I recommend the same point as the device, 0 resistance) and the positive lead to the Blue wire. Let me know if that works, just in case anyone else needs it.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-24-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

  13. #27
    Registered User Axex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Cackalaky
    Posts
    280
    This is pretty nice! I like it. I may have to put this in when I do a new headunit and gauges.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    gregroot198521,

    Yep, that's the diagram I was looking at. The way you have explained connection it was my assumption too, I just wanted to make sure.

    I haven't actually bought it yet because I wanted to make sure this was correct, and that I wouldn't buy it only to find that I needed to purchase something else to make it work as well.

    Going to pick one up soon and will post back with confirmation.

  15. #29
    Registered User gregroot198521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-C View Post
    gregroot198521,

    Yep, that's the diagram I was looking at. The way you have explained connection it was my assumption too, I just wanted to make sure.

    I haven't actually bought it yet because I wanted to make sure this was correct, and that I wouldn't buy it only to find that I needed to purchase something else to make it work as well.

    Going to pick one up soon and will post back with confirmation.
    Alright, cool, can't wait. Oh, and yall can feel free to call me Greg.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Will do, Greg.

    Thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •