2011 WRX Sedan - Rattles - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Sedan - Rattles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I guess I got lucky. My 2008 (the supposed worst WRX model year) doesn't have any rattles or squeaks anywhere. ...

I guess I got lucky. My 2008 (the supposed worst WRX model year) doesn't have any rattles or squeaks anywhere. The only time I hear anything abnormal is when going over broken pavement...my cargo cover rubs around the insert holes, but never during normal condition type driving. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Honestly, the only really good thing about our cars is the engine, even though it's inefficient and outdated (barely 100hp per liter with a turbo). The handling is good but not great ( the understeer is pretty bad ), the interior is as cheap as they come ( hard plastic everywhere = creaks and noises) the gearbox is a little sloppy, all that being said, I still love my WRX, it only cost me 24k brand new, and on a good country road it's a blast to driv

I'd say these rattles should be easy to fix with dynamite ... ahem, dynamat. The first owner of mine seems to have stuck it everywhere. Maybe not that exact stuff, (maybe C4), but there have been bits of something like felt sticking out in the seams of the dashboard, i just pushed them back into the slit with the back of a knife blade. I have no rattles to report, it's an 09 wrx, lots of mods...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Turning up the bass control made my doors rattle ("premium" speakers). Yeah, the default speakers sucks for bass. I added an underseat sub-woofer (system sounds pretty decent now; not audiophile great, but a massive improvement) and had the speakers in the door stabilized and the rear deck lined with some double-sided foam. I get no rattles in warm weather now. The front dash is creaky in the winter (plastic must shrink back somewhat).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Mine rattled from day one. Its quieter in the summer but the winter is terrible. I took some shop towels and put them under the rear deck from inside the trunk and it that helped a lot. I havent got around to fixing the doors just yet. now that I'm happy with the power i may start on that soon.

maybe this is the route to go?

2011 WRX Sound Deadening & Kicker BassStation

Wtf? -_____- **** I though i was going crazy, everytime i would horse the subie. I would hear that noise coming from the right pillar. Atleast i know whats up now.

Well it was fun while it lasted. The rear deck rattle came back this summer under extreme heat. I brought it up when I went to the dealer for scheduled service. They ordered me a new rear deck lid. Hopefully this does it for good!

I'll be getting my 3000 mile check up soon and I'm going to have them fix the rear deck rattle. I have that incredible click sound with the clutch, but I've been living with that. Having the windows up with that rear rattle is terrible though
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

I have a rear deck buzz that's been bothering me for a few months. I finally got around to checking it out and I narrowed it down to a metal tab hanging down into the trunk area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011WRXSedanTrunkWArrow.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	108295

I pushed on it and the buzzing went away. I drove around for a bit after that and it didn't come back. Putting my hand up into the square hole to the left of the tab I could feel some cabling, but I'm not sure what it's connected to. I didn't push on it very hard. It didn't bend. I'm fully expecting the buzz to return, at which time I'll probably bend the tab.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456