2011 WRX Sedan - Rattles - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Sedan - Rattles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Rattles? Don't think i have noticed any in my '06 and it has 90k miles. Either that, or rattles exist ...

Rattles? Don't think i have noticed any in my '06 and it has 90k miles. Either that, or rattles exist in my subie and i can't notice it because my vette is the definition of interior rattles. By the time it is at 75 mph, every trim piece in that car rattles so loud, it scares my passengers, thinking the car is coming apart (but thats just typical 80's/90's chevy engineering).
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my 011 hatch rattles like mad, the A-pillars Rattle, the rear somewhere there is a rattle and i have 2500 miles! And i too coming off a mazdaspeed far superior in terms of interior and quality. Very disappointed in the subaru! I could have got a fully loaded speed3 (2010) w/navi for just under 25K! I love the car but, correct this is crazy for a car with 2500 miles!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Rattles? Don't think i have noticed any in my '06 and it has 90k miles. Either that, or rattles exist in my subie and i can't notice it because my vette is the definition of interior rattles. By the time it is at 75 mph, every trim piece in that car rattles so loud, it scares my passengers, thinking the car is coming apart (but thats just typical 80's/90's chevy engineering).
    I know... Like I said, my 07 didn't have a single rattle. I have been in the C5 and C6 vettes (both with less than 10K miles). The C5 rattled pretty bad, but the C6 didn't.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I actually paid attention for rattles in my '06 today. I couldnt hear any.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I actually tried not to pay attention to the rattles in my '03 today. I couldn't.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I actually tried not to pay attention to the rattles in my '03 today. I couldn't.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Wow! If what I'm stating is obvious, why are you so mad about it? Your search will reveal that the rattles come back, it's a Subaru, I've owned them since 1997 and they all rattle at some point, there's nothing you can do except deal with what you bought (a $17k car with a beefed up engine, but still a $17k car)
    My '04 WRX Wagon never rattled....
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I took my WRX into the dealership Friday and they did the door panel fix. No rattles from the front 2 door panels now. I can turn the stereo up past 10 w/o it sounding like the panels are going to fall off.
    They are ordering in a new rear deck lid and will do the fix when it arrives.

my 2005 legacy gt had no rattles.

my rear passanger seat area has a rattle. i think i hear a few little rattles around the car. my legacy never had any rattles and this is driving me mad. i barely have 1k miles on my car.

just push the right pedal harder....it worked for me

There's an entire roll of 3/8" thick foam in my wrx.. there are NO rattles

anymore
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I have a 2011 WRX with 2k miles on it and didn't really think too much about the rattles until my wife pointed them out at the weekend. Since then it's really annoyed me.

The worst was the rear shelf rattle which I fixed last night by pushing a pair of socks up the hole in the middle of the metal sheet on the top of the trunk (it's about 2 inches wide with nothing in it). It pushes the shelf hard against the sides and rear window rather than moving around. Took all of 2 mins and it's completely gone.

The front doors rattle a little esp when I have music on with heavy bass. Not sure if I trust myself to take the door panels off without breaking them. If I broke them it would annoy me more than the rattle. Maybe I'll just ask the dealer to fix that....

In case anyone's wondering, there is a bulletin out for the door rattle issue according to my dealer (so you don't have to convince your dealer there's a problem). I had the under-seat sub installed today and they told me they ordered the newly redesigned spacers for the door and will call me when they come in. The sub eliminated a LOT of rattles on its own, though (since the door speakers don't need to put out any real bass now). I actually think the stock head unit and speakers sound very good now with the sub in place and adjusted. It won't shake the earth, but it puts out deep bass notes for most rock type music now (sounds similar to my '04 now). I'll be replacing the head unit anyway, though since I want the Sony BT660 with TomTom Nav and back-up camera, but the system is definitely listenable now (pretty terrible without it) and it doesn't interfere with the cargo tray for the trunk I just got. Getting the home-link compass also helped since my two door openers were rattling against the thin roof on the visor and I no longer need them.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Well, at first Subaru claimed there was a Bulletin on the door rattle problem and now they claim they don't know of one (I called back when they never got back to me). I think when you go to buy something they agree with everything you say or ask about, but afterwards a few days later they magically don't know WTF you're talking about. I'm pretty displeased with my dealer at this point. I still think they tried to blame me for a missing washer on my shifter too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.