2004 WRX and a 2005 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX and a 2005 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need help figuring out what will be impossible and what is possible for swapping interiors down from a salvaged ...

Question 2004 WRX and a 2005 WRX

I need help figuring out what will be impossible and what is possible for swapping interiors down from a salvaged 05' WRX (non STI) to a damaged 04' (non STI). I have a '04 WRX with frontal damage and both air bags are deployed. I am looking at buying a "NR (non-repairable) Parts Only title on a 2005 that has no rear end but a perfect front half. The 2005 has both airbags intact and a great 60k engine. What parts can be swapped from the newer 2005 over to the 2004?

From the looks of things I noticed my 2004 has a MOMO logo 4 spoke steering wheel while the 2005 has a 3 spoke Subaru logo steering wheel. Also, the Boxer engine has some long black air intake coming from the passenger side front of the engine bay. I know that both of these two have the 2.0L 4 turbo with the 5spd manual.
    Can someone elaborate on whats going to be problematic with swapping parts from the 05' down to the 04' and if the airbags are plug and play for the swap of not.

New to all of this so be gentle.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone? Please?

I don't know about the steering wheel, but everything else to my knowledge is completely compatible (engine, trans, seats, etc...)
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

05' 3spoke steering wheel with airbag

04' MOMO 4 spoke steering with deployed AB

04' 2.0 WRX (non STI)

05' engine bay WRX also non STI (whats with the big plastic Air cowl in the fron that isnt on the 04?!?

I need some help here please.....Fellow BLOB lovers.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBlobEye View Post
    (whats with the big plastic Air cowl in the fron that isnt on the 04?!?
    some people remove that big piece when you do an intake silencer delete
    http://www.scoobymods.com/intake_sil...=&threadid=113

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thank you Extreem06! And thank you JD92!

I was also taking a closer look at the Steering column. It seems like
    the Turbo Boost gauge is on the opposite side of the 2004 from the 2005z. Which
    do you guys prefer over the other? I will be having BOTH of them and only making
    one car out of the two that I have.

Has anyone on here ever changed out the steering wheels with the
    Airbags? Are they "plug and play"?

Need some good WRX forum knowledge!

Anyooooone else?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.