Sprayed interior black (instead of the silver) 08 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sprayed interior black (instead of the silver) 08 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Did it finally. Project I have been wanting to do for a long time. Anyway, here are the pics. Honestly, ...

Sprayed interior black (instead of the silver) 08 WRX

Did it finally. Project I have been wanting to do for a long time. Anyway, here are the pics. Honestly, it makes the car looks way better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0319.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	96516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0320.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	96515

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

two thumbs up, was it easy to take the trim off?
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP Sedan
    1999 Honda Prelude GT30R 345whp - sold

I'd be afraid to do that in my car but it does look great
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Did you just use a rattle can? And did you sand it down first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very easy to take off actually. Surprisingly simple. Just clips and a couple screws. Yes, I just used a rattle can. Four coats total. As for sanding, I used 100 grit until it was a brushed grey color (no shine at all), then used 400 to smooth it out. Simply sprayed after that. It was a one-day project, and looks absolutely amazing.

I've been wanting to shoot mine body color for the longest time (obp) .. problem is getting someone to shoot the parts for me since I dont have a place I can properly lay down base/clear urethane without stinkin up my house lol. (my garage attached)

The other reason I'd want to use base/clear aside of appearance is durability. Less chance of scratches and chipping.

I'm also quite interested in what steps you took for prep and what product you used. It looks good.. really has me inspired to pop all mine out and shoot em.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I've been wanting to shoot mine body color for the longest time (obp) .. problem is getting someone to shoot the parts for me since I dont have a place I can properly lay down base/clear urethane without stinkin up my house lol. (my garage attached)

The other reason I'd want to use base/clear aside of appearance is durability. Less chance of scratches and chipping.

I'm also quite interested in what steps you took for prep and what product you used. It looks good.. really has me inspired to pop all mine out and shoot em.
    Yeah, problem with body color is that it needs to be the EXACT same color or you will notice the difference. That's actually what I did first, and hated it. I used Krylon, plastic adhering spray paint. So simple.

2011 Subaru Impreza Touch Up Paint Colors

Great website to get an exact match, I've used them for a few other cars I've owned.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

any good autobody supply shop should be able to take your paint code and mix you up a batch of properly matching base coat. I've been around the buiz long enough to keep that angle nailed down. Its the durability that I'm concerned with. I dont want to shoot them just to have em all knicked up in a couple of weeks and looking like poo. I also dont want it to look like an after thought. Yours looks good.. I really like it. As said.. now its got me further inspired to maybe make the next move.

Nice jd.. bookmarked!
    Last edited by mangostick; 04-13-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

OP - Looks nice, you did a great job.

I accidentally scratched mine up some over the last few years... I'm considering giving a vinyl wrap a shot, since I can't lay down paint to save my life.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.