2011 electroluminescent gauge needles - how to keep these glowing longer?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 electroluminescent gauge needles - how to keep these glowing longer? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, Picked up my 2011 5-door last week and I'm lovin it...especially the glow of those needles when you get ...

zev

2011 electroluminescent gauge needles - how to keep these glowing longer?

Hi,

Picked up my 2011 5-door last week and I'm lovin it...especially the glow of those needles when you get in the car or are just sitting there after you've turned it off.

The needle lights seem to fade out after 5-8 seconds or so, but does anyone know if there is a way to keep these glowing until you pull the key out...or open the door...or anything. They just look so mean and id love to keep them glowing for as long as possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    I know you can completely disable the lights. I have no idea if there's a way to keep it on though without some major modding behind the dash.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Drive with your main lights turned on all the time. I do this out of habit from years with cars that didn't have DRL's.

You can adjust the gauge lights with the dimmer to be full bright even with the lights on. Roll the switch (down IIRC) and it will click when the gauges come on full.
    2011 WRX 5-Door Premium
    Options - SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Exhaust
    Mods - Perrin 25mm FSB, Kartboy Front Endlinks, Cobb Shift Knob, Rally Armor Flaps, Seat bolster mod

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.