2002 wrx Interior
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx Interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What's up I have a 2002 wrx and I was trying to see if anyone had any ideas or knew ...

Exclamation 2002 wrx Interior

What's up I have a 2002 wrx and I was trying to see if anyone had any ideas or knew anyone that had tried to glue different fabrics to the interior. I saw some vw's last summer with this done by wanted to see of anyone had any ideas I already know a website where I can get the fabric from now just need help installing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wouldnt it be better to remove the material and stitch it on? glue could separate with passengers coming in and out and the heat may make weaken the glue.

Well actually the fabric wouldnt be on the seats or anything it would be on the pillars and possibly the roof liner the seats will remain stock

i did this with my old 2002 rs, ill post pics after this post, go to walmart and pick your fabric, get more than you need for obvious reasons, then go to home depot and get m3 heavy duty fabric glue, 1-2 cans is enough, to remove the headliner is simple, remove the visors, the 3 clips above the rear seats, and unscrew the interior light the pillars just pop off. the hardest part of the whole operation is getting the head liner out of your car, i recined my seats all the way and worked it out of my passenger side door. be sure to use enough of the glue and wait a few minutes for it to get tack (do small sections at a time to remove creases) then fold over excess and glue to the bottom and put it all back... **profit**

the picture doesnt quite do it justice, it came out pretty well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 73625_454067113612_700293612_5543136_1914573_n.jpg  

good job on the install i guess, but i do not like the material choice.

it looked like a better option when it was out of the car, once i had it in i wasn't a huge fan either, but i lived with it until i eventually sold the car, the buyer loved it so i was happy with it
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.