NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOTE WIRE ISSUE

This is a discussion on NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOTE WIRE ISSUE within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I JUST FINISHED AN INSTALL ON MY 08 WRX. I IN STALLED AN AMP AND SUB, PROBLEM IS I USED ...

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOTE WIRE ISSUE

I JUST FINISHED AN INSTALL ON MY 08 WRX. I IN STALLED AN AMP AND SUB, PROBLEM IS I USED WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE REMOTE TURN ON BUT IT WORKED FOR LIKE 5 MIN AND THEN SHUT OFF. THEN I TRIED THE ACC. WIRE, SAME THING 5 MIN AND STOPPED.....ANY IDEAS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THNAKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In the future, please refrain from typing in all caps, it hurts the eyes and denotes you yelling at the reader.

Are you working with an aftermarket head unit or the stock unit?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Pictures?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Check the amp, is there a protection light? If so is it on?

The remote wire needs to be ran to the power anntenne if you have an aftermarket HU or it needs to be wired to the ignition system if your using the stock stereo... the remote wire basically just tells the amp to turn on and off with the car, otherwise it would always be on.... your problem sounds more like a ground issue if the power to the amp is intermittent...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

sorry bout the caps,it was 5 am and i was up all night banging my head against a wall trying to fix my car, its tjhe factory hu and ill try my groung and maybe a 12v+ switched wire like a cig lighter... thanks

Just run a short jumper wire from the power input on the amp to the remote input and see if the amp functions correctly. Thats a fast way to verify that it is the remote wire that is the problem before you dig too deep into it.

ok, so i used the acc. wire on the 20 pin harness for my factory hu, works perfect! and i repositioned the ground wire and now we have BASS!! thnaks for the help guys. also i mounted the amp under the pass. seat, it came out real clean. pics to come...

Nice.... congratz... glad to help if I did... my stereo upgrade is the best thing I've done to my car IMO anyway...lol I love music and use it everyday and the stock stereo was horiable...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257