Gauge choice help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge choice help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey hey hey, So I have two old boost and oil pressure "Faze" gagues on my 04 WRX. The original ...

Gauge choice help

Hey hey hey,

So I have two old boost and oil pressure "Faze" gagues on my 04 WRX. The original owner installed these. The lights kept flcikering in and out and the oil pressure gauge never even worked. I finally decided to swap them out. Figuring the gagues themselves have just gone bad, I bought the same ones brand new. While trying to assemble the oil gauge, I realized that this particular one isn't even compatible with my car. Probably explains why the gauge never worked to begin with. Soooo I am now in the process of returning these gagues. Could someone please suggest some gagues that are compatible with my car? The easier the assembly the better. Thanks!
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any gauge is really compatible...you just have to wire it correctly.

Stay away from Glow Shift gauges...

Budget? There are tons of stuff out there. Defi, Prosport, Maddad, Blitz, Greddy, Autometer, AEM, etc etc etc...

Defis are generally regarded as the best quality...but they are pricey.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yeah I'm telling ya, there was no way that oil pressure gauge was going to work. That sensor piece would have never fit thats why I was so confused on which ones would work.

Found some Maddad gauges I'll probably go with. Appreciate the help man.

O and btw if any else sees this, I found on another forum some coupon codes for Maddad gauges.

"2gauges" code will get you 10% off when you buy two gauges. They're kinda pricey so It turns out to be like 30 bucks.
    Think there is a "3gauges" code too. Haven't tried that one yet.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

^^^Good choice...

I need a boost gauge and have been thinking of going with Maddad after a lot of research. They are quality and that site is a great business with good customer service, so I'm always willing to reward a good company with my business.

Their prices are decent though, especially when compared to Defis and such...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.