interior subaru footwell lights
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on interior subaru footwell lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I just got these from the dealer for about , the thought was that it would just mate ...

interior subaru footwell lights

Ok so I just got these from the dealer for about $50, the thought was that it would just mate up to the existing wires, which it appears that it does. But it is just 2 LED per footwell. I can't see this being very bright. Has anyone installed this? How does it look at night?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont have them, but i have seen them, and they are plenty bright at night. kind of a biotch to install tho.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

That's good to know, I was worried that they where only going to be as bright as the light behind he 120v plug in front of the shifter. Im guessing here going to be annoying to install. The directions are just pictures and no words

i dont have youtube access due to IT restrictions, but there is a video tutorial that shows step by step how to install them. search for something like "wrx footwell light installtion"
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    That's good to know, I was worried that they where only going to be as bright as the light behind he 120v plug in front of the shifter. Im guessing here going to be annoying to install. The directions are just pictures and no words
    Funny you mention that, they plug into the same feed.. and you guessed it.. right behind that cubby led

The brightness is controlled by the dimmer switch, The brighter your dash, the brighter your accent lights. I've had mine in for a while now.. they're subtle but I keep the dimmer just about all the way down. If you run into trouble with where to mount em just give a shout and I'll post some pics
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I keep mine at the brightest setting, and the footwell is lit up nicely, but it's not overly bright.

I did it. 37.00 subaruparts.com. took about 45 min. Drivers side went in easy passenger side needs to go in backward. Use a stiff wire to fish wires from the drivers side to the passenger side. Looks great.
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

Good call with the youtube vid, sadly I couldn't find anything that showed it. guess I'll have to use the wordless directions

2011 WRX 5-Door Premium
    Options - SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Exhaust
    Mods - Perrin 25mm FSB, Kartboy Front Endlinks, Cobb Shift Knob, Rally Armor Flaps, Seat bolster mod

Pics and words are better than the drawings and no words the kit came with. Thanks

OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

mangos first pic shows the passenger side LED installed opposite from the way the pictructions advise. its the only way. I only wish the bolts were black.

funny thing was thats the only way it fit.. the verbal part of the directions explain it that way.. but the drawing was all ****ed up.. dunno. I wish the driver side fit more flush, if I get the motivation to mess with something that trivial I'll mill the hole a little more so it will sit flush lol... but otherwise thats about it. Getting the wiring from the light locations to behind the cubby is pretty easy, I removed the radio trim/radio and hvac controls and it was easy as reaching in. Without poppin that stuff out you better have some really skinny/long hands n arms.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok,so I'm thinking about doing this as well.Does anybody know if you can get lights for both the front & the rear after market?Or would I have to get 2 sets of OEM ?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Ok,so I'm thinking about doing this as well.Does anybody know if you can get lights for both the front & the rear after market?Or would I have to get 2 sets of OEM ?
    Dunno but where would you put them in the back? Mango, I used a stiff wire and pulled the wire from the cubbie to the passenger side, would have pulled all the plastic had it not worked on the second try, lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.