Speakers not working. Diagnostic help!

This is a discussion on Speakers not working. Diagnostic help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone my gf recently got a used 2000 civic and her speakers weren't working. I spent and got ...

Speakers not working. Diagnostic help!

Hello everyone

my gf recently got a used 2000 civic and her speakers weren't working. I spent $20 and got her some new ones. the $20 pyle ones 6.5''

anyways, I hooked them up and only the right side speakers work.
    The left one doesn't work and the speakers that were in there before wasn't working either. So now I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

I checked the pos/neg connections and the wire from car copper wires to speaker silver wire looks like it has a good connection.
    I checked the volume -_- and I even tried changing the balance and fader to front left only and still nothing.

The speakers aren't broken because I switched it with a working one and there was still no sound.

I have some pics but I don't think it'll help.

My guesses are it has something to do with the car wiring inside the door or maybe the stereo. How can i go able checking and fixing this problem?

I am a newbie at car audio, only thing I've had experience with is a simple amplifier to subs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You say it "looks like it has a good connection", but have you tested the wiring to make sure there's actually power?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You say it "looks like it has a good connection", but have you tested the wiring to make sure there's actually power?
    I haven't and I think that might be the problem. What kind of meter am i supposed to use to see if there's power?
    If there's no power, how do I find out which part is faulty?
    The wires, the source?
    Is it expensive to buy the meter because I wouldn't have much use for it afterwards? Or should I just take it to a shop and have them look at it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scx89
    I haven't and I think that might be the problem. What kind of meter am i supposed to use to see if there's power?
    Is it expensive to buy the meter because I wouldn't have much use for it afterwards? Or should I just take it to a shop and have them look at it?
    Multimeters are cheap. Harbor Freight was giving them away free with any purchase a while back.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Multimeters are cheap. Harbor Freight was giving them away free with any purchase a while back.
    okay got it. So I'm supposed to test it at where the connection to the speakers are? correct?

And if they're dead, where do i test next?

I also read it might be something wrong with the fuses and i'd need to get them replaced