2010 WRX With Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX With Pioneer AVH-P3200BT within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was looking at the product and it looks as if it is a direct fit in the spot where ...

2010 WRX With Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

I was looking at the product and it looks as if it is a direct fit in the spot where the head unit goes but was wondering if my steering wheel controls would work with it. Also, has anyone bought this product? If so how is the sound quality and is it worth the money. Lastly, do you have to pay for the navigation or is it free.

-Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not really a direct fit per se, it is a double DIN deck, but you will still need an install kit and an adapter (both can be purchased as a kit for ~ $20 on eBay). This is the same unit I am looking into, except mine doesn't have bluetooth.

For the audio controls on the steering wheel you will need an adapter for that as well, available from Pioneer 140511411410 < copy and paste this into the search box on ebay

If you're comparing sound quality to the factory yes it will be miles ahead in terms of quality (if compared to the OEM base model deck at least)

Lastly, you don't have to pay for the navigation, but of course, the AVIC nav add-on is available for around $200. Is that worth it? Its up to you! 300528842595 search for that as well on ebay

Darryl

PS please note I only added those searched items as an example and in no way am I affiliated with those vendors lol
    Last edited by soobie; 03-01-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

good info here, im going to look into that deck also
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP Sedan
    1999 Honda Prelude GT30R 345whp - sold

Thanks for the speedy reply soobie and all the information you provided

You're welcome!
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

i have the HU in my 08 and it is worlds of difference.

the steering wheel controls will not work unless u buy a steering wheel module kit. i bought a SWI-PS made for pioneer and sonys which is cheap and works well. only gta install 3 wires. its easy.

the metra dash kit was 9 bux on ebay and was a PERFECT fit.

wire harness is the SAME HARNESS AS A 07+ NISSAN HARNESS there is no subaru part # for it.

DEF GET A BRAKE HARNESS RELAY for the pioneer. dvd's at a standstill are no fun. (for ur passengers lol)

audio wise- the built in amp is good, and provides good power. the filtering and loudness settings (one for lows, one for meds, and one for highs) is very proportionate. and the filtering is phenomenal. all the settings are easily customizable as well

as far as wondering if it'll match the red in ur dash? u have 6 auto presets, or u can choose ur own custom color out of a full color palette for the buttons, and the background u can make ANY picture.

the SD card slot is good for up to 2gb (i read the manual for that one)

the USB has no max, and if u have an ipod/ipodtouch/iphone of any gen, u can hook it right up w/ the charge cord to that same USB and it'll load through. u can even search through the pioneer and put ur ipod down.

or......... throw movies on a huge ass USB and ur entertained for hours on a cross america roadtrip!

any other questions, just post and i'll answer

i also swapped all my interior speakers and..... drilled into my dash for mounting even more tweeters if ur lookin for component and not the auto built in 6 and a halfs.

Another steering wheel interface module available is the Axxess ASWC (by Metra). Many Subaru owners have installed them and given it rave reviews.

See this post.