Interior LED lights
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Interior LED lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm thinking about getting LED bulbs for the interior.I saw a pic on another site & it looked fantastic.Anybody have ...

I Support ClubWRX

Interior LED lights

I'm thinking about getting LED bulbs for the interior.I saw a pic on another site & it looked fantastic.Anybody have any experience with these regarding their longevity or with this dealer 2008+ Subaru WRX/STi (Sedan/Hatch) - Detailed item view - Your LED Shop
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    nothing with that particular dealer but I've had $3 LED's in my map and dome lights for over a year and they are still going strong. Just type in the bulb number in ebay
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Shawn (mangostick) has some from SuperBrightLEDs in his car. Wait for him to chime in...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw those superbrightleds too.But I'm reading mixed reviews about both sites.Some say they last a long time,other that they burn out in some cases after 2 days,in some after a couple of months.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I saw those superbrightleds too.But I'm reading mixed reviews about both sites.Some say they last a long time,other that they burn out in some cases after 2 days,in some after a couple of months.
    Did not read into this too much, but make sure you use a current limiting resistor in the circuit. Without it, it'll work, but won't last long normally. It might already be in the circuit though, just a thought if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Another great LED maker is v-leds.com. I had them outfitted in my BMW. That thing took all 194s and they offer a 2w 194 bulb......unbelievably bright. Definitely would recommend them.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Shawn (mangostick) has some from SuperBrightLEDs in his car. Wait for him to chime in...
    DINGGGGG... I be chimin lol

I've been buying products from superbright for YEARS now.. never ever had one go bad or any dissatisfaction with any of their products once I got them in hand. I'm not sure they still sell the model led I have in mine but here's some pics

led mounted in dome light

color tone difference between led and standard bulb

map light location

The factory light is a DE3175 however a 3022 will also fit. (31mm length) Now I had to do some careful and slight creasing of the bulb end cones to get the bulb holders to hang on to the dome light unit.. the map lights just fit right in.

So far, they work in all temps.. they work absolutely perfect with the factory dimming effect and if you turn on both map lights+ the dome light its about bright as the sun (as anyone who got a look at the car in the dark last year at cretin fest can attest to) There's no way in hell I could loose anything in this car at night, black interior or not.

These are similar to what I bought
    3022-xHP4 High Power LED Festoon Bulb Specifications
    Got em in "cool white" color.

I'm quite sure they'll out last the car.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the info Mangostick
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I bought an LED 31mm festoon light for the door light (not map light) and it's dull as an over-ripe banana. (too buzzed to think of a better one)

6 LED's I assumed it would be bright. Cool super-white color, but I should buy from superbright next time I upgrade my map lights.
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

gotta get the high intensity ones..
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Does that website offer those high intensity ones? like brake lights as well?
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

Yessir.. though the exact models I bought aren't available any more. Not sure why. Have a look around their site man there's a whole load of neat stuff on there from car stuff to house stuff to diy.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you guys for all the help,esp Mango stick.I got the LEDs today.2 for the maplights,1 for the dome,1 for the trunk & 2 for the license plates.The difference at night is literally day & night.It also compliments the blue car.I now find myself unlocking the car for further away just to get a look at those lights!Pics to come.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx
    Thank you guys for all the help,esp Mango stick.I got the LEDs today.2 for the maplights,1 for the dome,1 for the trunk & 2 for the license plates.The difference at night is literally day & night.It also compliments the blue car.I now find myself unlocking the car for further away just to get a look at those lights!Pics to come.
    Do your license plate ones light the ground much? I think it's only a matter of time before I get stopped about mine...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=EJ257;2730956]Do your license plate ones light the ground much? I think it's only a matter of time before I get stopped about mine...

Hmm,I didn't think about that.Its been raining too hard for me to get a good look,but then again the 2011 hatch has the rear plate above the bumper & not as low as the 05 so I don't think its a problem.But I'll check.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast