Door panel removal

This is a discussion on Door panel removal within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have photos or a video on how to remove door panels on a 2010 wrx. I want to ...

Door panel removal

Does anyone have photos or a video on how to remove door panels on a 2010 wrx. I want to tint my windows but i wanna do them right and get really far down. I removed the bolt by the door level and the one in the handle i am just scared to rip the thing off and brake something.

Also i noticed there was a wire connected to the back side of the plastic molding covering the bolts for the side mirror. Is this meant for a tweeter speaker? If so do you think they are worth installing or should i replace the head unit first.

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

door panels:
    take out the screw in the grab section and in the door open/lock area. (the 2 most obvious covers give it away) take a flathead screwdriver and pull the door lock/unlock, windows up/down console up and out of the door. there are 2 (TWO) phillips screws up in there. a total of 4 phillips head screws were taken out.

yank the left, right, and underside of the door till ur man panties think ur about to pee cus ur pullin so hard. u'll hear sum pops. its fine. after thats done, pull the inner door up so that u dont pull the glass weathering strip off. if u do, the front ones just bend right back, but the back part.... dont **** it up. lol

then i suggest u just take the phillips screws out of the door on the inside, and dont undo any wire harnesses, cus sometimes, they dont connect right and... ur power locks will power lock u inside ur car. :P

as far as the tweeter area, yes u can buy tweeter pods. its up to u. replace the head unit is my suggestion.

thanks for the tips. i saw i thread with photos but the link doesn't work. i should be able to figure it out. have you ever tinted windows before? i tried doing it on my 95 audi and it was a complete failure i couldn't get all of the bubbles out.

If you're doing it yourself, make sure you buy high quality tint material. Get a good spray bottle and use the right soap/water ratio. Make sure you have a very flexible rubber knife to press the material to the window. Don't do it on a hot car that was in the sun. Do it at average temperature in a shady spot and let it dry in the shade for a little while after finishing.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjkjkcjkcj View Post
    thanks for the tips. i saw i thread with photos but the link doesn't work. i should be able to figure it out. have you ever tinted windows before? i tried doing it on my 95 audi and it was a complete failure i couldn't get all of the bubbles out.
    Can you put up that link?

Check out this thread it has a manual that shows exact placement and procedures to remove the door panels. I would caution about the little triangles on the back door as they are easy to break (luckily easy to fix also).

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tutori...od-thread.html

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TragSifarin View Post
    Check out this thread it has a manual that shows exact placement and procedures to remove the door panels. I would caution about the little triangles on the back door as they are easy to break (luckily easy to fix also).

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tutori...od-thread.html
    Could find anything on door panel removal. Found lots of other cool things thought. That side marker in the wrx emblem is sweeeet

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REXRoyalBlu View Post
    Could find anything on door panel removal. Found lots of other cool things thought. That side marker in the wrx emblem is sweeeet
    It is in the service manual.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...tructions.html

Most of what is needed to remove the door panels is actually in post #1.