The true floor mat clips...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The true floor mat clips... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you go to SUBARU GLOBAL and look at the Utility Accessories you'll see what's holding the floor mats. It ...

The true floor mat clips...

If you go to SUBARU GLOBAL and look at the Utility Accessories you'll see what's holding the floor mats. It looks like the clips are part of a bar that connects under the seat (where everyone can see a hole and don't know what it's for). I have a 2009 WRX, which is the same for 2008; don't know if it's good for others, but I guess it's for newer models.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floormat clip-bar.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	95190

I called Subaru America and, although the lady didn't think this could be added to inventory, she would look into it. I told her that the part was "missing" from american models and that Subaru at Japan should know about it. Maybe they can send us the part number or tell us where to get it.

In the meantime, has anyone found or can ask somewhere about this floormat clip-bar?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So there's no way to fasten the OEM floor mats in your car? Seems like an odd oversight on Subaru's part considering how many car makers have had issues with floor mats getting in the way: Honda, Toyota, and I'm sure a bunch more.

My '06 has a male bit on the floor that goes through a hole in the floor mat, as well as a snap (think button) on the other corner. The Subaru all weather floor mats just have a hole for the male bit.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

The '11 has exactly what you have pictured
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    The '11 has exactly what you have pictured
    Alright, that should mean you may get a part number for it at the dealer's parts area. Anyone has it already?

Ummm...can you get the part number?

I'll look around but if nothing else this weekend I'll pull them out to see if ther's a number on them.
    Stink eye mob #727

OK. I pulled it out but there are no numbers on it so I'll search the sites to see if I can come up with something
    Stink eye mob #727

Hey jd, maybe the dealer's parts shop knows something, being included with the mat, the number should probably appear around the same listing.

hmm... I too have a hole where it seems like a floor mat hook should go... in my 02. I'll look at it closer to see if maybe it got caught underneath smth, but maybe I'm just in the same boat as you (or one of the previous owners took it out )
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    I like how in the picture there are 2 clips, 1 on each side. My 2003 only has 1 clip, near the door
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

^ Yeah that's how the 06's are too. Doesn't work very well...
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

i have an 02 and i have one clip by the drivers seat. i dont see why the car would need anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait until your mat comes loose. The clip you have by the driver's seat was the subject of a TSB initially, because it would simply dislodge. The TSB instructed techs to put it back just like it was, as somehow this was going to fix the problem (by ignoring the cause I suppose). It's a terrible design and a complete fiasco.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The 09's exactly what is pictured as well

Part #

My STI 2011 Sedan Lmtd didn't come with driver's floor mat retainer, bought the car in January of this year. Got the retainer from Heuberger Motors, Part #J5010FG110. Just installed it, its the one pictured in the first post. Link:

ALL PARTS ARE SOLD AT 25%OFF RETAIL, MSRP PRICING, NO OTHER DISCOUNTS, OFFERS,.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast