Seatbelt chime
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seatbelt chime within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased my first WRX today. I love the car. That being said, I cannot stand the chime that ...

Seatbelt chime

I just purchased my first WRX today. I love the car. That being said, I cannot stand the chime that comes on when the safety belt is not engaged. I have seen in other threads that simply plugging and unplugging the belt 20 times will solve the issue. I have not tried this yet but am curious. Also, I read that there are sensors under the seat that can be unplugged but may lead to issues with the airbags. Can anyone confirm either of these scenarios for a 2011?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    You turn it off my fastening your seat belt. Hold on... You don't fasten your seat belt when you drive?
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Good simple way to get it to stop is to buckle your seat belt while you're driving.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I do buckle when I am on the road. However, I live in a very rural area. We have a very large plot of land and when I move my car from our house to the shop (which is on our land) it is annoying to have to buckle. I knew this would be the typical answer I would receive. So if someone has a constructive answer I would greatly appreciate it. I do not need safety lectures. I have been involved in racing for many years and can assure you that I take every safety precaution needed given the circumstances.

I Support ClubWRX
    No wise ass safety lecture here. I also don't enjoy the car (or cops) babysitting me. All in all, if I choose to not wear a seat belt at all times and/or die in my car, that should be my right. Anyway, I digress.

Have you tried the 20x trick yet?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought it was in the owners manual. Pretty sure if you search seatbelt chime it will come up. If not here on nasioc.

The chime in my van is nothing short of infernal. It is more annoying than justin beiber on helium. I always buckle my belt regardless out of habit, but normally after I start the car. I really can't stand that chime so I hear ya. The entire car will be on fire and I bet it will still be yelling at me to buckle.

I feel better. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Jvf4 View Post
    I do buckle when I am on the road. However, I live in a very rural area. We have a very large plot of land and when I move my car from our house to the shop (which is on our land) it is annoying to have to buckle. I knew this would be the typical answer I would receive. So if someone has a constructive answer I would greatly appreciate it.
    I am in the same boat. I live in the middle of nowhere on a private road. My parents live about 300 yards away on the sme (private) road. If I am running down there to get something, I don't need the car to tell me that I should have my seatbelt on at 10 MPH. My wife's Acura gives you about 60 seconds before making the chime, as long as you are at a low speed.

The Subaru is irritating because if I am rolling to tne end of my driveway (almost 100 yards) and need to go to the mailbox or if I am turned around to adjust my kid's seatbelt before we get to the road (while my wife is driving), I hear that chime all the way...

It is quite irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    All in all, if I choose to not wear a seat belt at all times and/or die in my car, that should be my right.
    In theory, this is true...unless you choose not to wear a seatbelt and you get in a "minor" accident where the other driver is at fault. In that case, your injuries might be more extensive if you were nto wearing a seatbelt. Even worse if you die and the other driver is now charged with manslaughter. Even if you just have a 1-car accident, your insurance may have to pay higher medical costs if you don't have a seatbelt versus your injuries with one.

I do get your point, but the seatbelt laws are there to protect the society from greater harm.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    I do get your point, but the seatbelt laws are there to protect the society from greater harm.
    Let's not kid ourselves. The seatbelt laws are there to make $.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I can't bring myself to engage in such a debate. Think what you want.

I Support ClubWRX
    The seat belt debate it outside the scope of this thread. The alarm is not illegal to disable.

No need to bicker about seat belt legality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    There are a few EMS personnel on this forum. Let me share with you that it has nothing to do with making money. I'm not going to go on a rant here, especially because you've already made up your mind. But coming from 6 years of EMS... I can tell you that the seatbelt laws aren't there just to protect you, as they are there to protect others as well. I agree with seatbelt laws. Helmet laws I do not. But I think any moron that'd hop on a bike without a helmet is a moron. If you want to discuss this, please start your own thread, and I'll gladly participate.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nor is your ranting or unsolicited/unapproved moderating.

Annnnnn....yway, this is what you're looking for Jvf4:
    DIY MODS: Intake Silencer Delete / Disable DRL / Disable Seatbelt Warning. - Page 4 - NASIOC

Greg

Build Thread

Thanks Lokey. Seems like you and I are on the same page regarding this topic.

Awesome thread.

I did have mine turned off...then I disconnected my battery for some reason and never turned it off again....

Just thought I would add my seat belt chime story.

Cool story, I know.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Thanks man that did the trick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast