2011 WRX Wagon A-Pillar Gauge cluster
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Wagon A-Pillar Gauge cluster within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so here's the deal, I've been snooping for awhile and looking at the stickied posts about gauges and clusters ...

Question 2011 WRX Wagon A-Pillar Gauge cluster

Ok so here's the deal, I've been snooping for awhile and looking at the stickied posts about gauges and clusters and I've decided to start off my mod process by getting a 3-set of gauges on the A-pillar of my 2011 Rex Wagon. The problem I'm running into is the places I've looked fit the sedan and not the wagon. Does anyone know a dealer/website and can point me in the right direction?

I'm planning on getting boost, EGT and either WBO2 or Oil Pressure form third gauge, i've looked at the different mounting locations (ie - behind wheel/center dash) and I like the pillar the most. This is the first set of mods I am planning on doing, next is downpipe and ECU tune and finishing Stage 2.

If anyone has any insight on where I can look/purchase a 3-gauge cluster it would be most appreciated...
    Glad to be a part of the Subaru family now

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I know you are looking for the pillar mount option but have you seen the smy cluster pod,but it is only a dual gauge option but looks very OEM.
    2008+ WRX STI dual gauge pod cluster 08 09 2008 2009 2010 2011 subaru gauge gauges pods forester bezel
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Finally found one on another site.... Guy makes custom gauge pods outta oem a-pillars and will match paint to interior.

A-Pillar Gauge Pod Solution-Official Vendor - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I know you are looking for the pillar mount option but have you seen the smy cluster pod,but it is only a dual gauge option but looks very OEM.
    2008+ WRX STI dual gauge pod cluster 08 09 2008 2009 2010 2011 subaru gauge gauges pods forester bezel
    I'm really diggin the finished pics of these. Once I have some extra dough I think I'm going to snag one up and hold on to it for when I decide to put gauges in. In a previous car I put them up on the pillar and got so much more ricer attention.. not worth it.. I'd rather have em hidden so I can see em but others outside the car cant.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Hey mango I'm originally from va beach and moving back in June, any good shops up there in the area? Any recommendations on which company to get gauges from? Im looking at devi / auto meter, any others?

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the 11 WRX has airbags in the a-pillar. To cover that up with gauges could be deadly in an accident. So I would highly recommend a different location OR at a minimum deactivating that airbag. To have all of that stuff launched into your face would not be a good time.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I like autometer personally but some around the subi community dont like them. I've never had any issues with them in the past. There's a shop here in Chesapeake that does tuning and has a awd dyno. Supposed to be really good from what I hear. I'm still untuned so the only shop mine has seen is the dealer for oil changes lol.
    Personally I'd like to stick with anything that matches my factory cluster. One of the pics on symclustermaker's site had subaru gauges that matched perfectly. I might try to hunt those down. I'm not going to go nuts, I just want to see boost and oil pressure. lol

When ya get up here gimme a shout. Will be gettin warmer here soon (hopefully) so bbq'n weather is comin!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the 11 WRX has airbags in the a-pillar. To cover that up with gauges could be deadly in an accident. So I would highly recommend a different location OR at a minimum deactivating that airbag. To have all of that stuff launched into your face would not be a good time.

I dont recommend putting them up there because they become ******* magnets.. but the pillar trim actually stays intact during airbag deployment.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    +1 to this. You'll have your or your front passengers head taken out.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I've talked with the guy and like mango said the a-pillar remains intact and is not touched during air bag deployment. The guy uses oem parts for his units so fitment is 100%, and as to ricer magnets I have tinted windows during daytime.... As for at night I don't know yet, them honking their horns 3 times will just sound and look idiotic.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I dont recommend putting them up there because they become ******* magnets.. but the pillar trim actually stays intact during airbag deployment.
    Well cool I thought that the pillar ruptures to deploy the airbag.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I like autometer personally but some around the subi community dont like them. I've never had any issues with them in the past. There's a shop here in Chesapeake that does tuning and has a awd dyno. Supposed to be really good from what I hear. I'm still untuned so the only shop mine has seen is the dealer for oil changes lol.
    Personally I'd like to stick with anything that matches my factory cluster. One of the pics on symclustermaker's site had subaru gauges that matched perfectly. I might try to hunt those down. I'm not going to go nuts, I just want to see boost and oil pressure. lol

When ya get up here gimme a shout. Will be gettin warmer here soon (hopefully) so bbq'n weather is comin!
    I've looked at auto meter and trying to find some I like, I've seen a few AEM I like as I had them on my old vehicle. And yes bbq weather is coming around, think it was 40's today when I talked to my sister, she didn't like I was enjoying 75 degree weather down here.

Quote Originally Posted by SubiRexWagon View Post
    I've looked at auto meter and trying to find some I like, I've seen a few AEM I like as I had them on my old vehicle. And yes bbq weather is coming around, think it was 40's today when I talked to my sister, she didn't like I was enjoying 75 degree weather down here.
    It was 71 here wednesday.. then high of 42 the next day.. the weather is all weird man lol.. but spring is coming. I can feel it in my bones (literally)
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Here is a great solution for a two gauge cluster, clean, and oem looking.2008+ WRX STI dual gauge pod cluster 08 09 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 subaru gauge gauges pods forester bezel

I remember there's a vendor offering the A-pillar pods, they come in single, double or triple pod for the gauges

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.