would legacy seats work in an 04-07 wrx?

This is a discussion on would legacy seats work in an 04-07 wrx? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My wife loves the 08 leather legacy seats we have in our subaru, im buying another wrx but she flat ...

would legacy seats work in an 04-07 wrx?

My wife loves the 08 leather legacy seats we have in our subaru, im buying another wrx but she flat out refuses to sit in the new car unless i change the seats out (i had one previously and it killed her back)

She has a back injury now and im sure it will be worse, so obviously im just trying to find out if subaru legacy seats (with air bag sensors and all) will mount up correctly to my new subaru wrx (new to me) that i plan on buying

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did some quick searching and it seems many people have bolted WRX seats directly into a Legacy (but couldn't find anything on your request specifically). So it would seem that you could reverse that by bolting Legacy seats into a WRX...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

you should just buy a limited and get the leather that way, if its in your budget. messing with the seats and airbag stuff in a brand new car is risky, and may have warranty implications if the car is still under warranty. that being said, it should be possible, but you may have issues with the srs computer throwing codes and lighting up your airbag light with the seats that dont match the vehicle.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

let me rephrase this. i am buying a 04-07 wrx not a new one. we currently have a 08 legacy elite with leather and she loves those seats. the wrx seats, wether leather or cloth kill her back so i was going to pick up anothrr set of 2008 legacy seats to put in the 04-07 wrx we are buying but wanted to know how many people have done this thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rnrlove143 View Post
    let me rephrase this. i am buying a 04-07 wrx not a new one. we currently have a 08 legacy elite with leather and she loves those seats. the wrx seats, wether leather or cloth kill her back so i was going to pick up anothrr set of 2008 legacy seats to put in the 04-07 wrx we are buying but wanted to know how many people have done this thanks
    I understand you fully. But its something that I haven't seen anyone here do in my 4 and a half years of tenure. People buy the WRX for the sportiness and because of that the seats have a little more firmness and bolster, which is what I assume affects your wife's back. But unfortunately, people usually won't trade in for a less-sporty seat. If they wanted less sporty, they would have bought a Legacy in the first place. That's my guess why you don't see many people do it.

That being said, as I said, I believe it can be done. As for the airbag sensors and so on...it gets trickier as you get to a newer model year due to sensors and so on. It would be no different than adding Sparco or Bride or some other aftermarket racing seat.

Perhaps the best thing to do...is find the same year Legacy seats, for whatever year of WRX you purchase. And at this point, it may be worth it to ask Techs at a Subaru dealer what they think in regards to airbags.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning