New (to me) '08 WRX, want to put in NAV unit...

This is a discussion on New (to me) '08 WRX, want to put in NAV unit... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so yesterday I picked up a 2008 WRX w/14k miles on it. The car has the premium trim, but ...

New (to me) '08 WRX, want to put in NAV unit...

Ok, so yesterday I picked up a 2008 WRX w/14k miles on it. The car has the premium trim, but no NAV unit. Does have the door tweeters. I want to install a Pioneer AVIC-Z3 in this car. Now, I want to know what all I would need for this install, including keeping my steering wheel controls. Any help is appreciated. Also, where to purchase these? I am guessing here, but I think I need the following: wiring harness (don't want to hack into the factory wires if I don't have to), mounting kit to files gaps in dash (what is the best brand to get for this), and the PAC kit for steering controls. Anything else? Is the PAC kit the best there is? I have heard of another kit but not sure what the name of it is. Again, any advice is appreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

See this post -- the tips about the SWC interface modules, 20-pin harness, and aux adapter apply to 2008-2010 models that don't have the Subaru OEM Navi HU (except the aux harness has an 8-pin connector in those years).

Many Subaru owners have installed the Axxess ASWC module and given it rave reviews. See this post for the advantages over the PAC units.

See this post for a round-up of dash kits available.