HELP: '10 WRX Removing Door Door Trim & Improving Interior
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP: '10 WRX Removing Door Door Trim & Improving Interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does someone know how to remove the top door trim (highlighted in red)? I want to matte black vinyl this ...

HELP: '10 WRX Removing Door Door Trim & Improving Interior

Does someone know how to remove the top door trim (highlighted in red)? I want to matte black vinyl this area because the grey plastic looks cheap and is prone to scratches. It seems like this is one of the best approches to improving the interior feel, so it doesn't feel as "plastic-y". I plan on matte black-in' all the grey plastic pieces that run across the dash.

On a related note, I have sound deadened all 4 doors. While doing that, I scoped out the top door trim, that I am looking to remove, and it appeared to look fused with the whole door. I did not see anywhere to pop this area off without breaking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-wrx-interior.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	94384

Here's a video of what it would look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpbWqk7ZSac

Thanks
    Last edited by cadfax; 01-02-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    '10 WRX Sedan Premium Black
    HID 4300K TSX retrofit clear lenses with color mod
    LED White 5K Bulbs: Map, dome, license plate
    Sound deadened doors
    Auto dimming mirror
    Leather extended arm rest

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe it is plastic-welded to the door panel. You would have to break or melt the welds to separate that piece

That's what I was worried about. That's not worth the trouble for inevitable problems down the road.

I have read about people sanding their dash/trims and painting them. That sounds even more worrisome, if greasy paws get on it or some accidental trim cleaner gets on it. One shouldn't have to baby their car, for a sleeker-blacked-out-look.
    '10 WRX Sedan Premium Black
    HID 4300K TSX retrofit clear lenses with color mod
    LED White 5K Bulbs: Map, dome, license plate
    Sound deadened doors
    Auto dimming mirror
    Leather extended arm rest

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.