Remote start on 05 WRX

This is a discussion on Remote start on 05 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently purchased a Viper 5701 remote start system (for under 0) and I'm going to have it installed at ...

Remote start on 05 WRX

I recently purchased a Viper 5701 remote start system (for under $100) and I'm going to have it installed at a shop. Before I call around to the local shops I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about... Tried searching, but can't find anything. Does the 05 WRX require an immobilizer/transponder bypass module, like the DEI 555u? AFAIK, the keys are not chipped. I have the factory keyless entry + factory alarm FWIW.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon - 3" TBE w/ SPT Catback, Cobb Stage 2 91 Octane map...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont think any shop will install a remote start in a manual car, but i just put one in mine
    2002 plat. silver wrx

Putting a remote start in a manual car is the worst idea ever. There are so many people that have had the car go off down the street because they forgot to put them in neutral when parking. Not safe or advised. Yeah, everybody that does it says "but I did x and y and z so that won't happen" but it does anyway.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Local shop here does it. I had one in my truck for 5 years with no problems. However, for it to work you had to be in the truck with it running, in neutral, put the parking brake on, take the key out, it would stay running, get out shut the down, truck shuts off and locks automatically. If the vehicle was not shut off in neutral it would not start with the remote.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi