Installing Sub in Boot

This is a discussion on Installing Sub in Boot within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I've recently bought an entire new audio system and everything's installed but I'm having trouble deciding where to ...

Installing Sub in Boot

Ok so I've recently bought an entire new audio system and everything's installed but I'm having trouble deciding where to mount the sub box. I own a 2002 Impreza RX.

I bought straps for it and the only place that seems like it might work is on the left side in front of the jack but 1, I don't know what's beneath there so I don't relish the idea of just drilling through without knowing, and 2, I'm not sure how putting it there will affect the sound quality :/

Thoughts? Suggestions? I tried getting a look in under there but it seems to be blocked from every direction and because of the crappy plastic wheel cover, it won't sit properly anywhere else :/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hate to double post but I mean.. someone's got to have some experience with the back of the car there..

I think I'll make a topic in another section asking what's beneath there

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine is attached to the frame behind the rear seat.

Picture (not mine, but similar):
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I would love to have it like that but unfortunately

That's the left side of my trunk.. the blue is where I'd like it but the green is the only place I can put it :/