Sub probalem

This is a discussion on Sub probalem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, i put 2 12in rockford fosgate subs in my 06 rex yesterday and my trunk rattles SOOOO bad, ...

Sub probalem

Hey guys, i put 2 12in rockford fosgate subs in my 06 rex yesterday and my trunk rattles SOOOO bad, i have to turn the bass negative, turn the loud setting off, and turn down the bass level to around 2 from 8 to make it not rattle. Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    You can try the suggestion above. But mainly you're paying for the Dynamat name. I have used products from eDesignAudio and they have very similar products for a fraction of the price. They use the same Butyl mass layer as Dynamat so they hold their form in extremely high temperatures to below freezing temps. My parents car has them for about 4 years now and no problems. They sell them for $2.00 per square feet. Which would be $72 for 36 square feet without shipping (These things are heavy), but the price should still be quite a bit cheaper than Dynamat.

In my honest opinion if you're rattling your car then you're playing your music to loud. I find it very obnoxious whenever a nearby vehicle vibrates my car. I don't know how that sounds good to people(sorry I'm a bit of an audiophile). Plus on top of that you'll end up loosing your hearing.

Otherwise good luck with your sub problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KHP
    In my honest opinion if you're rattling your car then you're playing your music to loud. I find it very obnoxious whenever a nearby vehicle vibrates my car.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP
    Plus on top of that you'll end up loosing your hearing.
    What?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah, i found a few things that were rattling and fixed them. I'm a DJ in Seattle so I'm into music with a lot of bass. The problem was that even when i barely had the bass on it would rattle.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you're talking about the deck inside of the cabin under the back window I hade a similar problem. I run hardly any bass out of my 12" P3 and it rattled like the ****ens. Put a couple of loaded CD cases up there and it stopped. Anything with some weight that won't skip around all the time when you're drivin will do nicely.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!