2002 WRX Head Unit Problem

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Head Unit Problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys hope someone can point me in the right direction as I have been searching for the best answer ...

2002 WRX Head Unit Problem

Hi guys hope someone can point me in the right direction as I have been searching for the best answer for ages...

I have just bought a double din alpine unit that has iphone input from the back, just wondered if anyone had installed similar and where you ran the cable from the back to the interior?

Also if anyone knows of any articles about running cables for amps and subs that would be very useful!

Thanks in advance

Rallynug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    When I installed the hard drive in my WRX my original plan was to drill a hole in the side of the glove box to run the USB and mount it to the top of the glove box with Velcro. But since my head unit is single DIN and I have a pocket above the head unit I ended up just mounting the hard drive in there because it was so easy and fit perfectly.

You can pretty much run it anywhere you want, but since it's for an iPhone I'm guessing you're going to mount the phone somewhere that it will be easily accessible, and I would run the cable to come out close to where you're planning on mounting it. If you're mounting your phone where will it be?

I don't know about articles for running cables.. I'm willing to bet Crutchfield has something of that sort. I could probably answer any questions you have.

One thing that often gets overlooked is; when installing your new head unit it is preferable to ground it directly to the chassis somewhere in the dash rather than running it through the ground in the factory harness. Who knows how long that ground wire is, and it runs side by side with all kinds of other wires.

I'm not too bothered about having it mounted but definately wanted it easy to get to probably somewhere in the centre console would be good just never pulled apart a scooby before, no doubt the glove box will be the easiest place but the most awkward considering its my phone too.