factory alarm wasn't removed...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on factory alarm wasn't removed... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a alarm installed a while ago and to my surprise when I manually locked the car and touches ...

factory alarm wasn't removed...

I had a alarm installed a while ago and to my surprise when I manually locked the car and touches via alarm the factory alarm went off. it took a min but I figured it out. my question is should they have taken it out, our if I take it out will it hurt anything?

Sent using taptalk powered by android

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off, what year do you have?

My guess is that whoever installed it got a module to interface with the CAN-BUS system, allowing you to effectively double up the alarms. It is actually easier that way (and better) since only one wire was cut and a couple others spliced but your aftermarket alarm has full information about what doors were triggered and lock/unlock functionality. Further, if your car has a factory immobilizer that is also in use (that is good). In short, they likely did the job correctly.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.