cant lock the doors with turbo timer ??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cant lock the doors with turbo timer ?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi there i have a wrx 03 blubeye and just installed a hks type 0 turbo timer with a blitz ...

cant lock the doors with turbo timer ??

Hi there i have a wrx 03 blubeye and just installed a hks type 0 turbo timer with a blitz harness but realised now i cant press the button to lock the doors untill the timer has counted down.
    I have looked on all the forums out there and read alot about a dark green with black stripe wire to cut that goes into the keyless entry module above the fuse box drivers side. I got home today and cant find any keyless module above the fuse box and also cant find the alarm module thats meant to be under the centre console or behind the glove box. My car has got the factory alarm with the keypad ?? Can anyone help me with this please where are the modules or cables so i can use the button on key to lock the door while turbo timer does its job any help will be great thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What do you mean that you can't press the button to lock the doors? They won't lock, they set off the alarm, or nothing happens?

It's been awhile and I can't remembering the wiring, but when I had a TT in my bugeye my workaround for alarm/TT conflicts was:

1 - park the car and keep it running
    2 - let any passengers out
    3 - lock all of the doors with the power doorlock button
    4 - manually unlock just the driver door by pressing the switch not the power-button
    5 - turn off the car...the TT will keep it running
    6 - get out and close the driver door
    7 - use the key to manually lock the driver door

See if this works for you. Any other scenarios would set off my alarm.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    easy fix....get rid of your turbo timer

Its not doing your car any good
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

When I press the button nothing happens. I can lock the car like that thanks.
    I seen threads saying if I cut the green with black stripe wire on the keyless entry module I would be able to lock doors with fob but I can't seem to find the module . Does anyone know where it could be other than above fuse box thanks again.

i just put an apexi tt in my bug eye a few months ago and im not able to lock the car using the fob either.

what i have come to do is just lock my doors with the power lock switch inside the car, i am able to unlock it using the fob and thats all that really matters to me.

i saw the rewireing things too but i dont know about you but im not down with cutting and splicing all of my wires under the dash.

The WRX is mad at you.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    easy fix....get rid of your turbo timer

Its not doing your car any good
    +1

Please read this thread on turbo timers

Thats strange, I can lock mine but can't arm the alarm until the car shuts off. I have an HKS Type 0 in my '02 WRX Wagon.

i have the same issue with my wrx with the turbo timer. seems to be a normal thing. i dont even use it anymore

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Why not just remove the turbo timer and sell it?

Not only would that fix your problem, it would also put some cash in your pocket.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Alarm is going to go off anyways if the car is still running.

keyless module is above drivers interior fusebox held in by one nut
    2002 plat. silver wrx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.