2007 Impreza Aftermarket CD Player wont fit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2007 Impreza Aftermarket CD Player wont fit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Having issues with fitting Pioneer cd player in special edition 2007 Impreza with WRX ac panel. No problem dropping player ...

2007 Impreza Aftermarket CD Player wont fit

Having issues with fitting Pioneer cd player in special edition 2007 Impreza with WRX ac panel.
    No problem dropping player into the niche but when installing ac panel, opening for the player is too small, by about an inch and wont fit. pictures should be here
    http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/ale5xus/
    Any suggestions except molesting stock panel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

On the side of the stock stereo, there are the stock mounting brackets held on with 4 screws.... take those off and use on the pioneer deck... as for the gap, go buy a pocket kit to cover the gap after you put it in...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

there are no problems mounting aftermarket player in the dashboard but opening in the ac panel is too small and covers part of the cd player. Seems that I would need to cut out a bigger hole in the panel, and i know that eventually will be selling the car need to try make it reversible.

Tragically Pioneer didn't think when they made this deck (something I'm noticing that a lot of the mechless stereo's have one annoying flaw, most aren't this bad), they forgot the double din Japanese install market in that the stereo is held in with the side tabs. This stereo is designed around being installed with metal cage and slid into the dash, not like our stereo's mount using the factory brackets and having the trim slid over top...

Tragically I can't see of a way to mount this stereo with out modding the cover trim... I've seen another member install this stereo but I believe he had to mod the trim and also kinda rig up the mounting cage over using the factory stereo brackets..

if anyone has resized their original panel please let me know and drop a picture of your set up. Otherwise my plan will be to extend cut out and get a spare ac panel from ebay. Thanks for looking

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.