Auto Dimming Mirror Install

This is a discussion on Auto Dimming Mirror Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My dealer delivered my 2011 WRX without the auto dimming mirror they promised me so they shipped it to me ...

Auto Dimming Mirror Install

My dealer delivered my 2011 WRX without the auto dimming mirror they promised me so they shipped it to me and said I could take it to my local Subaru dealer to get it installed. It looks easy to install with the instructions it came with but I can't figure out how to remove the map light cover to get to the wires. I could start poking and prying but wanted to see if anybody here knew how to take it out properly before I broke something. Anybody have any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

install guice from nasico for 08-09. i would assume the '11 is the same, but i would call your dealer just to make sure.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1665697

just out of curiosity, if the dealer will install it for free, why not just take it to the dealer? is it a DIY thing?

good luck.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

It's a pretty basic install once I can get that map light cover off. I'd take it in, but if I can figure it out on my own it would save me a few hours of my time. It looks like I could do it in about 15 minutes.

i get that. looking at the install guide tho, im kinda itchin for one of these, esp w the homelink. i have a gate, and 2 garages, so i have 3 effing remotes in my car. its like the entire glovebox.

i have to go pickup an oil filter at the dealer soon, i may just buy one of the mirrors!!!

i blame you ksto, my wife may get upset with you b/c you are making me spend more money on the car
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I did the install the other day, once I saw that guide it only took me about 10 minutes to run the wire and pop in the new mirror. Only problem is that the plastic sleeve that snaps in at the base of the mount and covers the wire up to the headliner is about 2 inches short. My dealer can't seem to get anything right so I just emailed SOA about it to see if they can send me the right one.

The auto dimming mirror is a must have though, it works great so far and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Not sure what a dealer would change, but if you can find one online for cheaper the install is very simple.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My 07 WRX had the autodimm and homelink.. I was so excited when I bought the '11 STI I didn't even look at the mirror.

Is the install to change my auto-dim to a homelink w/auto-dim just pulling the one I have off and putting the new one on?

Are all of these the same for all years, or does anyone know if the '11s got new wiring harness' or something?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett