2011 WRX Gauges?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know of the SPT stock gauge u can buy when ordering from factory but has anyone used any aftermarket ...

2011 WRX Gauges?

I know of the SPT stock gauge u can buy when ordering from factory but has anyone used any aftermarket gauges and where did you mount them.. pics if anyone's got them on a 2011 wrx would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I mounted mine just behind the steering column, on the ledge below the main cluster. It's in a steering column mounting bracket thing using just 1 screw. That allows me to pivot it left and right as well as up and down. I just fed the wires down to the fusebox area near your left knee, with the hose going through the plug to the left of the dead pedal, feeding up through the fender to the engine bay.

People are going to recommend Defis mostly likely but this ones is a super cheap GlowShift boost gauge...it was like $40 shipped and works just fine. You can select between several different colors or use a mode where it just cycles through them. The default dark-blue color is actually my favorite.

It's tough to see in the pics but it's situated so that it basically just covers the "C" (cold) part of the engine temp that I don't need to see, and then also the traction-control off light. I can see everything else fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g1.jpg   g2.jpg   g3.jpg   g4.jpg  
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorty View Post
    I know of the SPT stock gauge u can buy when ordering from factory but has anyone used any aftermarket gauges and where did you mount them.. pics if anyone's got them on a 2011 wrx would be great
    this is coming out soon.. spread the word DECEMBER

www.smyclustermaker.com

Quote Originally Posted by WRXPhantom View Post
    this is coming out soon.. spread the word DECEMBER

www.smyclustermaker.com
    I am totally getting that!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I don't really like that much. I rather it not in that spot behind the steering wheel. Rather on the dash or somewhere else
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

Personally I love it. I like the fact that it will look OEM to some extent. I was going to just temporarily mount them with double sided tape on my steering column, but I won't have to do it now.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    that smycluster looks terrific,just what i was looking for.very discrete.please post pics after installation.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I like the symcluster Idea.. but it needs just one slight change. The gauge pods should be angled ever so slightly inward so it doesn't have that "wandery eye" look like the gauges aren't centered on the driver's field of view.

other than that I really like that Idea. No good mounting solutions have been whats held me back from any sort of gauge additions to my wrx. Aside of the fact I'm still factory tuned (likely will stay that way) .. I dont really need gauges.. but boost n oil pressure sure would be nice to have.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I've been doing a lot of reading up on it, and I read somewhere that they are as angled in as they can be. I do agree that it would be nice if they could be slightly more angled.

Yea, I'm in the same boat as you, mangostick, the most I want is a AP stage 1 tune and just going to run boost and oil pressure.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I've been toying with doing up something that would put the gauges where the center vent is.. but I really like having that vent there lol.. esp in summer with ac blasting.

dunno, pretty much all that holds me back from gauges are
    1 lack of gauges with white needle/red backlight
    2 lack of good positioning

I wont ever put gauges on the pillar again.. did it in my last hot car and as soon as I did I got ricer attention just about non stop. It was fun at first because I just slayed them mercilessly..but after a while it go old and aggravating.

I wonder if there are any hud's available that just do boost/oil pressure or a full line of engine vitals? .. that'd be cool.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I like the symcluster Idea.. but it needs just one slight change. The gauge pods should be angled ever so slightly inward so it doesn't have that "wandery eye" look like the gauges aren't centered on the driver's field of view.

other than that I really like that Idea. No good mounting solutions have been whats held me back from any sort of gauge additions to my wrx. Aside of the fact I'm still factory tuned (likely will stay that way) .. I dont really need gauges.. but boost n oil pressure sure would be nice to have.

I would have done that, and spent $2,000 in getting it redesigned after the 2nd Prototype to face in. And in the end $2,000 wasted the Gauges COULD NOT be angled in due to the DRAW of the MOLD (DRAW = IN LINE) By angling the pods in the cluster would never come out of the MOLD correctly leaving SCRATCH marks and or Breaking each pod on removal.

So I was forced to leave them STRAIGHT but it isn't bad. It actually looks great and the people who have seen it first hand have said so to.

You could always wait until they start to sell and hear peoples REVIEWS. NO RUSH

ya know man I didn't think of that at all.. you'd have to make a much more complicated mold to pull that off..

regardless I like how it looks and I like the Idea/placement. I put myself on a thread a while back of those interested.. still am.. when time comes for release we'll see. If I haven't talked myself out of extra gauges I'll def pick one up.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

11/26/2010

UPDATE up the ying yang. see the site. You will see Mold timer is GONE... visit the updates page to SEE WHY...

im so excited...

That's awesome man!!! I can't wait to see the final pics.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast