Running new door speakers wires 2011 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Running new door speakers wires 2011 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone ran new wiring through the boors on the 08-011 WRX? If so are there any tutorials on how ...

Running new door speakers wires 2011 wrx

Has anyone ran new wiring through the boors on the 08-011 WRX? If so are there any tutorials on how to do this? Or, should i jus use the stock wiring through the doors? I am running an ALpine 4.100 PDX amp for the front and rear stage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would use stock wires.. Im sure theres something out there tho on a new wireing

speaker

IS 18 gauge acceptable for 100 watts? I want to use the Metra Quick wiring kit, will it work with 18 gauge?

Speazjer Wire

This is what I wanted to use to run from the amp back to the original wiring. Metra multi strand 18 guage speaker wire, matches the stock wire colors as well easy to install one cable!

speaker door wiring

No one has done this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010wrxhatch View Post
    No one has done this yet?
    I am about to do this on my 2011. Gonna run 16 gauge from the amps under my seats to the front doors. I use factory wiring for the rear speakers which are stock and running on head unit power.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010wrxhatch View Post
    IS 18 gauge acceptable for 100 watts? I want to use the Metra Quick wiring kit, will it work with 18 gauge?
    Assuming you have a 4ohm load per channel, 18 gauge wire should be fine up to 20 feet for 100 watts.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

how hard is it or how much would it cost to get a wiring and speaker installation and such
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

what gauge is the stock wiring and how much watts can the stock wiring handle?
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by REX2011 View Post
    what gauge is the stock wiring and how much watts can the stock wiring handle?
    Don't know what gauge stock wiring is, or the length to the speakers, but it looks really small, maybe around 20 gauge.

15 feet of 20 gauge wiring into 4 ohms can handle up to 50 watts I would say. Good enough for head unit power, but if you run an external amp I would definitely recommend running your own wiring.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.